Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

3.55 CFW kmeaw to 3.73 OFW

Sponsored Links
    is it as easy to update to 3.73 with no future probs from PSN ?

i.e. traces etc? BDROM2 ETC?

THANKS!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What do you mean ? If you update to OFW no hb will run so no traces.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sound, thanks dude, I know it sounds a silly Q, but I didn't want $ony having a sniff & then ban it for previous LOL

I would suggest you delete all your homebrew and games stored on your PS3 HDD first, just in case.

yeh i thought stick it in PC format it, etc then stick it back in PS3 and do a 3.73 OFW update...

But then you should do a 0 byte format to delate all data if you do it on pc. Otherwise data will not be 100% delated. You can do this by using Hexedit and format hdd with 0 byte. Its an option you can use.

I've updated to OFW about a month ago and no problems yet, I play online everyday. I did delete my homebrew and backup managers before upgrading though.

Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    But then you should do a 0 byte format to delate all data if you do it on pc. Otherwise data will not be 100% delated. You can do this by using Hexedit and format hdd with 0 byte. Its an option you can use.
    A zero fill takes a long time and is unnecessary. Basically when data is typically "deleted" on a hard disk it's not actually deleted, it's still there but just marked not to be read and that it can be written over, so it will show as free space. So as you write to your HDD that old data is eventually gone for real. In this case he can do a normal quick format and he'd be fine, Sony don't have magic, they're not going to be able to read his files marked as deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    Sony don't have magic, they're not going to be able to read his files marked as deleted.
    Of course they are, they can access HD on sector basis and therefore read sectors/blocks that were marked 'free' in filesystem and examine this data. I doubt they do that - but they could do if they want to. Safest way for NOR units is to wipe complete HD with zeros. NANDs may have left some hints even after wiping the HD.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News