Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3.55 to 3.41 PS3 downgrade for 3.55 Kmeaw CFW

What's up & happy easter first of all. I am going crazy, so before you blast me and say i have to search, i have been searching for DAYS now. I just don't want to brick my ps3 to get to 3.55 Kmeaw, and i don't know what i am doing wrong!

I have had a PS3 FAT ( Launch, with ps2 support ) , that i wanted to downgrade to install custom packages. I bough a dongle, Amazebreak, that i flashed. I succesfully downloaded to 3.41, but i've been reading i have to download the official 3.55 firmware again, install it, and then install a custom 3.55 over the other one? WTH ? So i downgraded to 3.41 for nothing?

I just want to install apps, what am i doing wrong here?

That being said, while i was trying to upgrade to 3.55 (officially) again, i had to put my ps3 into SERVICE mode. That worked earlier, before i downgraded, all it does now, is put my ps3 on standby. The method i'm using is ;

- USB stick with 3.55 update on it (PS3 folder on root, GAME folder , UPDATE)
    - Nothing else in it
    - Unplug ps3
    - Plug back in
    - Hold power button untill it switches on and off
    - Release then press again till i hear two beeps

After this it should go into service mode, but it doesn't. It goes to standby.

Please help me out here, going crazy !

Also, Why are there so many different CFW's ? Almost every CFW has 2 versions, and there's like 6 different ones.

What i want is to ;

- Play backups of of my external USB drive, or Internal USB (but i prefer external USB), of games that i own of course. ;- )
    - Install emulators
    - Install FTP app
    - Don't really need to play online on PSN, would be nice, but not really a priority, what i do want is to download title updates...

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by RhanJones; 04-24-2011 at 08:21 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Big Grin

Ok if you were already on 3.55 OFW all you had to do was install the CFW Kmeaw 3.55 through XMB or Recovery mode then all you needed was to install multiMAN and BDEMU then FTP 1.2 and then get all the emulators and install them one by one just do a search for all that stuff and let us know how you make out. Happy Easter as well

Okay! Thanks for the reply.

I'm currently on 3.41, and i want to install to 3.55 Kmeaw. I had read, that first i need to install the Official 3.55 , and then i have to install the CFW Kmeaw one, is that correct?

Also, how can i install the firmware, because i can't get into Recovery mode now? I tried putting it on my USB flashdrive, but it give an error ( something like USB drive not recognized... )

Hi, Install oficial 3.55 fw. then install kmeaw 3.55 in the same way like oficial 3.55. Then instal bdemu and multiman. Cheers

Sorry for double post! Your flash drive it's fat 32 format? Here you have a tutorial how to reach recovery mode.

Last edited by al4ex; 04-24-2011 at 09:02 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Okay, i'm trying it, but now i have another problem (LOL)...

When i try to update it to 3.55 OFW, it finds the update, installs it on the HDD, then when it actually wants to update, i get a red screen saying some serious error has occured

You update the ofw from recovery mode? install ofw from main menu (XMB)

Directly update to kmeaw, I did it from 3.41 directly. Also, make sure update is in PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP format.

Happy Easter

I am trying to install it from the XMB, but i keep getting an error saying the update is corrupted

I tried the official 3.55 update, corrupt. Then i tried the kmeaw update, same thing

8002F169 to be more specific...
    Last edited by RhanJones; 04-24-2011 at 10:29 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

download another official 3.55, maybe yours is corrupted.

all you need to do is downgrade to 3.15 ofw then upgrade to 3.55ofw or if possible directly to 3.55 cfw.

good luck

let us know how you go and happy easter also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast