What's up & happy easter first of all. I am going crazy, so before you blast me and say i have to search, i have been searching for DAYS now. I just don't want to brick my ps3 to get to 3.55 Kmeaw, and i don't know what i am doing wrong!
I have had a PS3 FAT ( Launch, with ps2 support ) , that i wanted to downgrade to install custom packages. I bough a dongle, Amazebreak, that i flashed. I succesfully downloaded to 3.41, but i've been reading i have to download the official 3.55 firmware again, install it, and then install a custom 3.55 over the other one? WTH ? So i downgraded to 3.41 for nothing?
I just want to install apps, what am i doing wrong here?
That being said, while i was trying to upgrade to 3.55 (officially) again, i had to put my ps3 into SERVICE mode. That worked earlier, before i downgraded, all it does now, is put my ps3 on standby. The method i'm using is ;
- USB stick with 3.55 update on it (PS3 folder on root, GAME folder , UPDATE)
- Nothing else in it
- Unplug ps3
- Plug back in
- Hold power button untill it switches on and off
- Release then press again till i hear two beeps
After this it should go into service mode, but it doesn't. It goes to standby.
Please help me out here, going crazy !
Also, Why are there so many different CFW's ? Almost every CFW has 2 versions, and there's like 6 different ones.
What i want is to ;
- Play backups of of my external USB drive, or Internal USB (but i prefer external USB), of games that i own of course. ;- )
- Install emulators
- Install FTP app
- Don't really need to play online on PSN, would be nice, but not really a priority, what i do want is to download title updates...
Thanks in advance!