Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: PS4 User Interface Leak (Early PlayStation 4 Test Kit Build)

Sponsored Links
    Today MoejoeWins shared a video on YouTube of a PS4 User Interface leak (early PlayStation 4 Test Kit build) with some preliminary details below.

To quote: An early look at the PS4 UI, which was accidentally shown during a Blacklight: Retribution demo earlier today on a test kit.

This layout may or may not be used in the retail version but we do get to hear some sound effects and see animations that could appear in the finished product. He does say that this is a very early build (though he may have been referencing the game) and that this was one of the first test kits to go out.

Some interesting tidbits/speculation based off of what's shown:
    • The PS4 can recover from a game crash without locking up.
    • Games are considered applications and can apparently run alongside other applications (multi-tasking).
    • If you're connected to the internet, application information is automatically updated in the dynamic menu.
    • Note sure about this: The built-in DVR can automatically start up when you start a game? Or maybe when you turn it on it stays on? Maybe it was being used for this livestream? (in which case this is pretty damn good quality).

We can also see the HDD capacity, but being a test kit it may not be final.

Everything I've written above is based entirely off of what I've seen and heard in this footage. I don't know any more than you do. This is just speculation. Maybe this is the layout that the final UI will use, or maybe it will look nothing like this. Who knows.

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thats kool it will be another free game at launch anyways.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It does look cool, like some other videos I have seen showing multitasking, like chatting to your friends and playing the game. Going to be more like your phone or a pc lol .

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have to agree, that UI does look pretty good. Plus I can see a possibility of a wallpaper or theme being used too. ^^

the UI was the same at Playstation's articles publish date 14/06/13

Looks really slick and cool. The game that crashed was taking ages to reload, but not surprising as he said it was not even an alpha build.

Ooohhh! Nice.

I know it's an early release, but it does look pretty nice. A lot smoother than the old style.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News