Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: PS4 Has 2000 Friend Limit, PlayStation 4 Party Chat Free to All

Sponsored Links
    Today a new PlayStation Q&A video (below) has surfaced from Sony confirming that Party Chat will be available on the PS4 without PS Plus and that the friends list can hold up to 2000 friends.

To quote: "Sony has confirmed that you won't need a PS Plus subscription to make use of the PlayStation 4's party chat functionality.

In a new Q&A video, it's been revealed that the new party chat feature will be available to everyone, even if they opt not to subscribe to PlayStation Plus.

At the moment, a PlayStation Plus subscription is needed to the online multiplayer of most titles, though services like Netflix, party chat, and free-to-play games like DC Universe Online will be available without it.

Additionally, the video also confirms that PlayStation 4 friends lists will be capped at 2,000 people, DualShock 3 controllers won't work with the PS4 while the PlayStation Move will, and your PSN avatar and username will carry over to PlayStation 4 along with a host of privacy options.

One of the biggest concerns fans have raised about the PlayStation 4 is just how many features will be accessible without owning a PS Plus account."

Video: PS4 Has 2000 Friend Limit, PlayStation 4 Party Chat Free to All

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    2000 friends. on ps3 i have roughly 60 but only play with 10 or 20.. lol

glad i keep my psn id. hate to lose my 120+ plats etc

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    2000? I suppose its always good to be sure you have enough space on your friendlist... lol.

Has there been any confirmation if of the option to change their online ID/name for any region? I know this has always been an option for the Japanese accounts on PS3 and Microsoft always had this option on the 360 for a fee.

lol you still have 60 i got only 6 or 9 not sure and from them 4 are most online with them i play.. but i think new OS i am sure we have more friends then now reason new system many Epic games etc... that good to know that we still can use our old psn..

i have around 80+ friends, i play with most of them. 2000 friends limit is good addition to psn on ps4. keep up sony

I bet xbox will still be 100. Microsofts excuse would probably be "we can't afford that much on servers"

When they know damn well they've made billions from XBL costs that should have been free in the first place -_-

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forum Runner.

That's great 2000 strangers lol, but lets get serious we don't need that many we need is better online play with games always lagging out.
    What ever happened to the very first PS3 that gets better connection the more your online because they connect to each other as one to form a stronger connection online???

Now all we get are great games with lag what's that ?? Come on Sony need to put more power to there servers so we can play the games properly.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News