Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: PS4 DualShock 4 Controller on PC (DS4 to XInput Mapping Tool)

Sponsored Links
    Following up on the DualShock 4 (DS4) PlayStation 4 / PS4 Controller Teardown, today PlayStation 4 developer InhexSTER has made available a DS4 to XInput Wrapper alongside a video of the PS4 DualShock 4 Controller on PC in action followed by samples to use DualShock 4 and DualShock 3 Controllers on a PS2 by xerpi below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (DualShock Samples) / [Register or Login to view links] (DualShock 3 on PS2) / [Register or Login to view links] (DualShock 4 on PS2) / [Register or Login to view links] (PS2InfoGB - with DS3 / DS4 Support)

To quote: Hello guys, i am new here but i want to share a tool I made for Dualshock 4 controllers. I was inspired by the tool made by Scarlet.Crush for DS3.

My tool works in similar fashion and is based on source code from DS3 Scp Tool.

It works though without messing with the original drivers for DS4. Uses DirectInput to XInput mapping. You still need to install drivers for SCP virtual bus device and possible X360 Controller drivers.

Currently all buttons/Axis work like they should. No support for rumble and controlling light to indicate controller number.

Shortly I will make a video demonstrating the tool.

DS4 to XInput Mapping tool (Play any game with DS4 on PC)

Update: After looking into disabling original controller, so it wouldn't show up in games / do double input, I think it's not possible with using default windows drivers. Rumble and lightbar also require some more reverse engineering of USB communication.

So first thing it would require actually capturing data sent between PS4 and DS4, so we need to wait until it's released.

Second thing I most likely will not be able to capture that data myself, I don't have any means to do it.

Third this approach would require installing custom drivers for USB and Bluetooth, just like with DS3 (unsigned drivers install is a bit tricky)

I also don't mind people with Computer Engineering skills joining in. I myself have only basic knowledge of hardware, my degree focuses on software.

Finally, in related news CronusDEV announced (via cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140586&p=959762&viewfull=1#post95 9762) that CronusMAX FW v1.34 is released and includes DualShock 4 fully working XBox 360, PS3 and PC.

To quote: After a hard weekend of development we are happy to release the world's first fully working DualShock 4 Controller mod. All features are currently available in wired mode. Wireless mode is unlocked too but currently only includes the main button inputs (no rumble, led bar, gyro, ACCX, ACCY, ACCZ Support)

Make sure you have the latest version of Gtuner Update (v2.06 at time of writing) and then update your CronusMAX firmware to v1.34 now.

We are also currently working on the XBOX ONE Controller, Dualshock 4 Full Wireless Support, Keyboard & Mouse Support for the PS4 and XBOX ONE. Very busy times ahead

2013-11-25, Ver 1.34
    • Dualshock 4 Controller Support for PS3, Xbox 360 & PC
    • Dualshock 4 LED Bar Support
    • Dualshock 4 Rumble Support
    • Dualshock 4 Touchpad Support
    • Dualshock 4 ACCX, ACCY, ACCZ Support
    • Dualshock 4 Gyroscope (X, Y, Z) Support
    • Dualshock 4 PS Home, Share, Options Buttons Support
    • All Modpacks fully working - worlds first modded PS4 controller !
    • All Modpacks Working with LED bar Display
    • Extended implementation of HCI protocol

From xerpi via IRC:

[xerpi] hello
    [xerpi] just wanted to say that I've got Dualshock3 and Dualshock4 working on the Playstation2
    [xerpi] if you are interested feel free to contact me
    [xerpi] here's an early version of the dualshock4 driver+library: github.com/xerpi/libds4ps2
    [xerpi] I'll upload the ps3 driver now
    [xerpi] dualshock3*
    [xerpi] that's it: [Register or Login to view links]

READ ME: INSTALLATION
    • Copy ds4ps2.irx and ds4ps3.irx to the root of your usb flash drive.
    • Load the .elf with an ELF loader (uLaunchELF for example).
    • That's it

AUTHOR: Made by xerpi

[xerpi] I've solved PS2infoGB with ds3/ds4 bug, if you wanna try it

PS2InfoGB ReadMe
    Code:
    --------------------------- PS2InfoGB Note ---------------------------

This is PS2InfoGB rev. 6c continued by KarasQ. It's based on dlanor's 
    source of PS2InfoGB rev. 4

libds3ps2 and libds4ps2 support by xerpi

PS2 port of InfoGB 0.5J by '7not6'

Revision Date: 2010.10.06

------------------------- Changes history -------------------------

==== InfoGB continued by KarasQ ====
    => Rev.6c with libds3ps2 and libds4ps2
         - Added: libds3ps2 and libds4ps2 support

=> Rev.6c
         - Fixed: No-sound issue with some ROMs
         - Fixed: Sound buffer overloading issue
         - Added: Ability to remember position on browser list, after back to menu
         - Added: Possibility to run ROM with longer file name than 32 characters, if
                  save device is set to MASS
         - Removed: Save and Load config option from ingame-menu (all configuration files
                    will be saved automatically)
         - Changed: Turbo config on/off option. Now it will force setting
                    buttons configuration after switching to ON

=> Rev.6b
         - Added: Show FPS option in menu
         - Added: 64K RAM size support
         - Fixed: sound issue (not property synchronized)
         - Fixed: sound timing for ROMs which works in Double Speed Mode
         - Optimized: sound processing function (reduced function calls,
           which caused low rate FPS in ROMs which work in CPU Double Speed Mode)

=> Rev.6a
         - Added: Access to mc1:/ device
         - Added: Support for sub-directories
         - Added: Sorting list (separately for folders and files)
         - Added: Possibility to change buttons configuration
         - Added: New In-browser menu with options (push start in browser)
         - Added: Load and Save Game State (beta)
         - Improved: CPU core (minor changes)
         - Improved: Real Time Clock
         - Improved: Preselected ROM option
         - Changed: GUI - the way of selecting devices, some warning boxes etc.
         - Removed: File gb.brm (what that file was for?)
         And a lot of changes invisible for users

=> Rev.5c
         - Fixed bug: program stop on white-screen when folder PS2GB already
           exists, but the file gb.brm dosen't exist in the same time (hopefully)
         - Improved: MBC3 controller - should resolve problem with battery-backed save game
         - Added: USB Mass Storage Support
         - Added: Real Time Clock support for MBC3 controller
         - Added: ability to back to browser when ROM can't be loaded
         - Added: ability to run cardridge type:
            * 'ROM+MBC3+TIMER+RAM+BATTERY'
            * 'ROM+MBC3+TIMER+BATTERY'
            * 'Hudson-HuC3'

-------------------------------------------------------------------

==== InfoGB by dlanor ====
    => Rev.4
         - Added pad Triangle reponse like 'Return' and 'BROWSE' entries
           (Use it to exit from ROM folders or switch between MC/CDROM)
         - Moved 'Return' entry from end of ROM list to its start instead
         - Improved fast scroll (D-pad Left/Right now repeats faster)
         - Fixed a bug that caused duplicate ROM entries for CD listings
         - Fixed a bug that caused overly long ROM listings to be trashed

=> Rev.3
         - Added auto_ROM CNF variable, to start a ROM automatically
         - Restructured the release package to include full source code

=> Rev.2
         - Added ability to exit from emu to user defined console manager.
         - Fixed missing support for GBC extensions on CD.
         - Added PS2GB folder with icon setup suitable for use on MC

=> Rev.1
         - Major overhaul of emu configuration and user interface.

--------------------- Changes Notes and others ---------------------
                              important notes!
    [*] USB MASS Support
                                    -----------------
     That was my major goal for my release. This PS2InfoGB uses USBHDFSD.IRX rev. 1534
     and USBD.IRX rev. 1494 modules (source code from http://svn.ps2dev.org/)

USB Mass Support also extended ability added by dlanor in rev. 2 (I mean about
     to exit from emu to user defined console manager). Now it's possible to run
     your ELF file from USB mass storage. You can edit your INFOGB.CNF placed
     on mc0:/PS2GB/. All you have to do is just change line:

"boot_ELF = mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF"
         to
        "boot_ELF = mass:/PATH/YOUR_FILE.ELF"

and save changes.

There is possibility that your USB device can be not recognized by PS2InfoGB!
     I don't guarantee correctly work!
    [*] Real Time Clock

In revision 5c I've made mistake. Now it's fixed, but SOME SAVE GAMES, WHICH USE REAL 
     TIME CLOCK (ROM type ROM+MBC3+TIMER+RAM+BATT and ROM+MBC3+TIMER+BATT) MIGHT BE
     NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS REVISION (IT'S ACTUALLY RANDOM). THE ONLY WAY TO FULLY FIX
     IT YOU HAVE TO REMOVE OLD SAVE AND START GAME AGAIN.

Well, probably you will be able to continue game but without real time clock.
     Sometimes games offer to set real time clock (e.g. Pokemon Crystal), but you will
     set it evry time you load battery backed save.

But as I said, it's random, so it doesn't always happen.
    [*] New In-browser menu with options

You can enter this menu only from browser by press start button. You can change here:
       - Current Save Device - This is device where saves (*.srm and *.sav) will be stored. 
         You can change it from default MC0 device to MC1 or MASS. "PS2GB" folder will be
         created automatically on this device (if not exists yet). If device will be not
         available on the next reboot than current save divice will be set to default
         MC0 debvice, PS2InfoGB will let you know about that fact.

Notice that saves are not copied from one device to another, so when you change
         save device, than saves from previouse device will be not available (if you don't
         copy them yourself).

Also remember that config file is always save to MC0 so if you run program without
         memorycard in MC0 than default config will be loaded and Current Save Device will be 
         set to default (MC0) device.

- Preselected ROM - in In-browser menu you can only turn off preselected ROM. The option
         will be set to "Turn off" if any ROM is currently preselected. When you choose this
         option than it will switch to "Not defined", which means that preselected ROM is
         canceled.

More details below in paragraph "Preselecting ROM".

- Screen Adjustment - by selecting this option you can adjust screen X, Y offsets.
         You can move screen by pressing DPAD (arrows) buttons. When you done just press
         X button.

- Buttons configuration - see paragraph "Possibility to change buttons configuration"

- Turbo buttons - On/Off turbo buttons

- Show FPS - On/off current FPS rate info

- Boot ELF - saves current config and run ELF follow ELF Path.
    [*] Preselecting ROM

This option dlanor has added in Rev.3. Since this revision preselecting ROM is easier 
     to use. You don't have to edit your config every time you would like to preselect a new 
     ROM. All you have to do is choose the option called "Preselect this ROM" (In-game menu).

When you choose it the name of this option should change to "This ROM is preselected". 
     It means, since now every time you reboot PS2InfoGB, message box will appear and if you 
     agree then preselected ROM will be loaded, if not than you will return to browser.

You can turn off this option anytime you want. Just open In-browser menu (push start in 
     browser) and turn it off.

I DON'T WARRANT BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY WITH PREVOUSE REVISIONS. I RECOMMEND TO REMOVE OR MAKE 
     A COPY OF ALL .srm AND .sav FILE BEFORE YOU RUN A NEW REVISION. SOMETIMES THERE IS NEED TO CHANGE 
     SAVE FILE STRUCTURE SO IT MAY BE NOT COMPATIBILE WITH PREVIOUSE ONE! DON'T FORGET THIS FUNCTION IS 
     STILL IN BETA TESTING
    [*] Possibility to change button configuration

Now you can freely change your button configuration. Enter In-browser menu and find option
     called "Button configure". You will be asked for pressing buttons. If option "Turbo Buttons" 
     is "On" you will be asked for 4 more buttons.

Every single gameboy or turbo button can be assign only to one PS2 PAD button, cause you 
     can't assign e.g. A and B button to X at the same time, so chosen button will be blocked 
     to avoid this situation.

DPAD (ARROWS) buttons are not changeable and you can't assign any gameboy or turbo button 
     to DPAD buttons.

Configuration is saved to file BUTTONS.DAT (located in mc0:/PS2GB/) This file is not 
     readable for human being so don't try to open it)
    [*] Save and Load Game State

"Save State to [device]" and "Load State of [device]" options are finally implemented.
     But! It has been tested with three ROMs so I'm not really sure how it will work with
     other ROMs.

This method take about 50kB per game state on memory card (so it's pretty much, sorry
     for that, but this emu is not adapted for such things, but maybe I will add zip compression
     in future revision)

The location of save state and battery backed save depends on which current device is set.
     Basically it's [device]:/PS2GB/. You can change "Current Save Device" in In-browser menu
     to MC0, MC1 and MASS.

I DON'T WARRANT BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY WITH PREVOUSE REVISIONS. I RECOMMEND TO REMOVE 
     ALL .srm AND .sav FILE WHEN YOU RUN A NEW REVISION. SOMETIMES THERE IS NEED TO CHANGE 
     SAVE FILE STRUCTURE SO IT MAY BE NOT COMPATIBILE WITH PREVIOUSE ONE!
    [*] Sorting List

Since this release list with ROM entries and directories will be sorted. There is
     implemented algorithm QuickSort. First are listing folders following by this pattern 
     0-9A-Za-z, then files in the same way.
    [*] Other notes

- Please be careful with names of your ROM files and folders. They will be not longer
     than 31 characters (or 64 if save device is set to MASS). If you use longer file
     name, it may cause some problemslike missing save game and other failures, so since
     this release emulator will not run kind of files anymore - it will let you know by 
     show you the warning message box

- In one folder you can put up to 256 files and up to 128 folders. Don't magnify
     with folder depth either!

- "Important reminder for saved games:

If you are playing a game that saves to the GB 'battery RAM', make
     sure that you never turn off the PS2 while the game screen is showing.

You need to make sure that the 'battery RAM' of the emulator is also
     transferred to a separate *.sav file in the save folder 'mc0:/PS2GB/'
     so that the correct saves can be restored the next time you play the
     same game. This is NOT done at the time when you save game as part of
     the gameplay. That only saves to the internal RAM of the emulator.

The only time when such saves are transferred to mc0 is when you break
     off playing by using the submenu command "Back to the main menu". This
     takes you back to the ROM browser where you originally started the game.
     When you see that browser appear on screen, your saves are saved to the
     memory card, so you can then turn off the PS2 without 'losing place' in
     the GB game"

For more info about previous changes please read dlanor's release note
     file.

-----------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

More PlayStation 4 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    awesome work. very quick indeed. thanks for sharing!

hey boss, just noticed i'm no longer a mod? did I do something wrong when I drank too much the other day. lol
    Last edited by elser1; 11-25-2013 at 09:46 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No prob elser1

Also we are going to be moving soon to the new vB and will be starting fresh with active mods since most of the previous ones barely posted once a week. After the new site design goes live then we will make a post and ask for contributors etc so if you wish to be readded then you can of course!

Neat! I disliked the usb one. Anyway, I hope that it will add bluetooth. The bluetooth rocks!

thanks boss. i try to get on every day or 2 and add my 2 cents ..

I guess I'm no longer a mod either as I've been too busy with other things to post here.

It was nice but still not needed. Maybe when I get more time and help out more then maybe again.

I'm considering buying another controller for use with both consoles and my PC so this looks good considering I can use it on my PS3, PC and PS4 when I eventually (whenever that is) buy one. The issue is if they really fixed the abysmal D-Pad on the Xbox controller then that might be better, but I wouldn't be able to use that on any of my consoles. Anyone know what controller (3rd parties included) out there has the best D-Pad?

best controller I ever had was for the original xbox. it fit great in my hands and had a fan blowing in my palms and the keypads lit up. I have been looking for something similar for Playstation forever.

its really hard to say what's the best, cause everybody games differently. I have never been disappointed by original Sony equipment. in most cases it is far more superior than the third party ones. but the higher end Logitech devices never fail me in the past.

Is there a certain kind of bluetooth device I need to use? I've always wanted to use one with my computer and ps3 controller but never understood how that worked lol

I'm wanting to know if the DS4 will work with the PS3 wireless and all of it work. Last I heard its USB only and only half the controller works. Motion and a few other things didn't work. If its all working like a PS3 controller and wireless then I'll get one tomorrow.

I also heard only some games work. I dont like the feel of the DS3 and the DS4 looks like its a better controller and looks more comfortable for me. The best would be to get a new WiiU pro controller and use that on the PS3 as thats the most comfortable atm that I've tried.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News