Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: PlayStation 4 / PS4 Fan Mod by Frago Demonstration

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys, long time and here is a video of my (Frago) PlayStation 4 / PS4 Fan Mod demonstration for those interested!

Following up on the recent PlayStation 4 Thermal Images, I just received my PS4 like a lot of people and because I know that after 2-3 years the overheating problems will come I opened and I did the same mod like PS3 in PS4!!!

Why to leave my PS4 to be 47-48 Celsius when I can leave it 31-33? I don't want my motherboard and my CPU-GPU heated at all!!!

So Lets Start:

First see the video, you will see that with stock fan speed the PS4 reach from 45 to 48 Celsius in a not heavy game and you can see with fan mod and with 10% more fan speed the PS4 drop down to 31-33 Celsius with the same game.

Watch the video that I prepare for you and then look at pictures for guide:

What I Used:
    • 1m thick cable
    • 1 Trimmer 220k for fan control

Guide:

I took the grey cable from motherboard and I make it longer as you see in pic, then I took power from the first cable on the left from power supply, now if you connect this too the fan will go at maximum speed BUT I used a trimmer220k so you can control the voltage that will go from power supply cable to fan.

I didn't took a lot of picture cause i didn't have time but for any question just ask. I'm here to make new guides to ps4 that Sony didn't do for money purposes as always, now they say that the PS4 doesn't have heat problems but in next 2-3 years you will see the problems coming so be ready like me and try this mod!!! And like always first in [Register or Login to view links]!!!

More PlayStation 4 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have moved this to the PS4 section for now and have also mainpaged it, and +Rep for sharing both the guide and video Frago!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Don't do any hardware mods until your manufacturer 1 year warranty has expired (Sony provides this from the date of purchase of your PS4).

Otherwise you could end up losing a lot of money for a possible defect that isn't immediately noticed.

Manually setting the fan speed to a higher level would increase noise, and since this bypasses the system's ability to dynamically set the fan speed it means you have to adjust it yourself all the time to compensate for ambient temperature changes or leave it at maximum speed all the time. Correct me if I am wrong. Seems inconvenient.

With that said, this would be the only way to really get extra cooling performance, as increasing cooling efficiency would only make the system lower the fan speed. This would decrease fan noise, but no real impact on heat dissipation since ultimately the OS decides how fast the fan should be going depending on the system's temperature.

Under 50 C at load seems rather acceptable.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks boss, I think it's time to start the mods! Next week I will update my mod with more pics and video!!!

This is OK for people who like a louder PS4, but I was hoping this was going to be more invasive and at least include replacing the thermal compound.

You are wrong about adjusting fan speed, you know how much ps3 had the good because the system was overheating and the fan was at level 2 or maybe 3 speed? I made this guide for people like me they don care about guarantee and they take control of their consoles.

I only give a 10% boost in fan speed and it's not noise at all, I guarantee that my PS4 will last longer from yours like my ps3 did after all the mods I did and the guides are here.

I agree

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News