Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Unveils DualShock 4 Charging Station, Vertical Stand and More

Sponsored Links
    Following Sony's PlayStation 4 Gamescom 2013 Press Conference, they have now issued Press Releases on some PS4 accessories including a DualShock 4 Charging Station, Vertical Stand and both Magma Red and Wave Blue DualShock 4 Wireless Controllers with details below.

Press Releases: SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT INTRODUCES PERIPHERALS FOR PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) IN EUROPE AT LAUNCH DUALSHOCK 4 Charging Station Available at €29 and Vertical Stand Available at €19

Tokyo, August 21, 2013–Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) announced today that it will introduce DUALSHOCK 4 Charging Station and PlayStation 4 (PS4) Vertical Stand, concurrently with the launch of PS4 in Europe at a recommended retail price (RPP) of €29, £25, and €19, £16 respectively.

DUALSHOCK 4 Charging Station

By utilizing the charging station, users will be able to charge up to two DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controllers at once without having to connect them to the PS4 system. Users can charge DUALSHOCK 4 by simply inserting the controller to the charging connector on the charging station and by plugging it into a household electrical outlet.

Vertical Stand

The Vertical Stand will allow users to set PS4 in a vertical position, making it easier to place the system anywhere they wish. The Vertical Stand comes in black with a glossy finish that matches perfectly with the PS4 system. Users are able to attach the Vertical Stand to PS4 without using any additional tools; they simply have to adjust the stand to the PS4 system and screw the pinch by hand to lock.

Furthermore, users can continue to use PlayStation Move motion controller and PlayStation Move navigation controller including associated peripherals, PlayStation Move sharp shooter*1 and PlayStation Move racing wheel on PS4. Certain PlayStation 3 peripherals including, Wireless Stereo Headset (CECHYA-0080)*2 and PULSE wireless stereo headset - Elite Edition (CECHYA-0086)*2, will also be supported by future system software updates*3.

SCE will continuously expand the world of PS4 through further introduction of peripherals and attractive software lineup.

*1 Sold in Americas, Europe and Asia excluding Japan
    *2 Sold in Americas and Europe
    *3 Implementation schedule will be announced when ready.

DUALSHOCK 4 Charging Station

Product name DUALSHOCK 4 Charging Station
    Product code CUH-ZDC1
    Release date November 29th,2013
    Recommended retail price €29, and £25
    External dimensions Approx. 45mm x 55.5mm x 135mm (width x height x depth)
    Weight Approx. 230g

Included

Charging Station x 1
    AC adaptor x 1
    AC power cord x 1

* Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.

Vertical Stand

Product name Vertical Stand
    Product code CUH-ZST1
    Release date November 29th,2013
    Recommended retail price €19, and £16
    External dimensions Approx. 337mm x 28mm x 72mm (width x height x depth)
    Weight Approx. 200g
    Supports CUH-1000A series

* Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.

SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT INTRODUCES COLOR VARIATIONS FOR DUALSHOCK 4 WIRELESS CONTROLLER “Magma Red” and “Wave Blue” feature stylish two-toned look (via scei.co.jp/corporate/release/130821b_e.html)

Tokyo, August 21, 2013 –Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) announced today that it will introduce new color variations for PlayStation 4 (PS4) Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK 4) in “Magma Red” and “Wave Blue”, concurrently with the launch of PS4 in Europe, at a recommended retail price (RRP) of € 59 / £ 54 (including tax). They will also become available in North America at a RRP of US$ 59 / Canada$ 59 (including tax) and Latin America* later this year.

DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controllers in Magma Red and Wave Blue

DUALSHOCK 4 in “Magma Red” and “Wave Blue” are the first color variations, representing two of the most popular colors among PlayStation users. The two-toned look with the vivid Magma Red and Wave Blue along with black further enhances the stylish look of the DUALSHOCK 4. With the introduction of the new colors, users will be able to choose from 3 colors of DUALSHOCK 4 to enjoy gameplay or other entertainment content on PS4.

SCE will continuously expand the world of PS4 through various measures including further introduction of peripherals.

* Different factors such as import duties, compliance requirements and others, influence in the different SRP pricing consumers will find in this region.

More PlayStation 4 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    19 EUR for overpriced piece of crap plastic stand? Thanks but no thanks!! If it would have at least the USB hub built in with sockect at the back than maybe but not like this.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    very annoyed i can't use my ps3 headset straight away. better not be long before the fw update fixes it. i'm glad i can use all the move stuff i've wasted a lot of money on and if there was 4 or 6 usb ports instead of the lousy 2 we wouldn't need the charger.. lol

ahh sony

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I like the colors for the controllers. My fav is blue and my son's is red, so that's perfect.

That's cool there coming out with some colors, but it would also be nice to have a few more like green, and yellow both with black trim would be really nice. After all it is a multi player system why not have more colors right lol. Keep up the great news and I breath and sleep ps3news always looking forward the next new thing coming out... Thank you

i do like the blue controller...a few more colors would be nice like orange etc etc

How about a white controller. In my opinion these other colors just look, tacky. Maybe if it was a darker navy blue with a black backside, that would look a little more "professional"

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News