Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony on PS4 HDD Game Installs, Camera, Controller and Language

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida Tweeted confirming several new aspects of their upcoming PlayStation 4 console including details on PS4 HDD game installations, the camera, controller and language support.

Below is a summary, as follows:

On PS4 / PlayStation 4 HDD Game Installations:
    • Jay ‏(_Tracid_): Hello Mr Yoshida, can we use external hard drive to install games without having it on the main internal hard drive?
    • Shuhei Yoshida (yosp)‏: no
    • Anders Lauritsen ‏(LightningAnders): Dear Shuei. Will we be able to do full game installs to HDD from disc (Disc present in tray for verification) on PS4?
    • Shuhei Yoshida ‏(yosp): yes

On the PS4 / PlayStation 4 Camera:

According to Sony, the PS4 Camera supports Navigational Voice Commands. Sony has nonchalantly confirmed (via playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/29/ps4-camera-supports-navigational-voice-commands-sony-confirms/) that the PlayStation Camera supports navigational voice commands during their GameStop Expo Conference.

Sony sent a statement to Polygon yesterday, saying, "Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that PlayStation Camera allows for voice recognition and we will look forward to sharing more details in the lead up to the launch of PlayStation 4 on November 29 [15 for U.S.]."

On the PS4 / PlayStation 4 Controller:
    • RCognition (RCognition): How many controllers can be connected to the PS4 at one time? Thank you...
    • Shuhei Yoshida ‏(yosp): 4

On PS4 / PlayStation 4 Language Support:
    • Macintosh009: Yoshida ps4 support Arabic I want a satisfying answer
    • Shuhei Yoshida ‏(yosp): sorry, no
    • I_onix 2: this is really frustrating after all this years of demanding the Arabic language you just say (sorry, no)!
    • Shuhei Yoshida ‏(yosp): we are aware of the needs, I just meant not in the immediate future

Finally, from Robert Fisser, General Manager of Sony Computer Entertainment in MENA to quote: "Gamers in the Middle East are passionate gamers! And it is exactly this passion that drives us to work every day and thrives us to over deliver!,"

"We heard all local gamers loud & clear and trust us we are doing our best to provide PS4 interface in Arabic but as of today its difficult to confirm this for launch. However the continuous support of our local gamers is important to make it happen!

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    4 controllers? The PS3 could handle 7. Well I guess playing Fifa with 7 people was useless anyway

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What about HDDs? Will they be standard laptop HDDs and swappable like the PS3?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Most likely it is

Anyone know about the DS4 ? Will it be compatible with PS3 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Normal 2,5" hard drive, DS4 is not backward compatible with PS3.

I know some people are "upset" about the 4 controllers thing, but in my experience, it's a wasted effort for more. There's so few games that actually take advantage of it. It's in the same boat as the Wonderbook imo.

amazing info, save money for getting it

Wow, I REALLY can't wait for this to come out, already have it pre-ordered as well

simple reason for the ps4 non ps3 bc

It will not be backward compatable with ps3 for 1 reason and that is because the ps3 uses a cell broadband engine and ps4 uses and amd 8 core cpu. now if the put a cell broadband engine in the ps4 just for ps3 bc then the ps4 price would be massive.

The ps4 isnt ps3 bc because the ps3 uses a cell broadband engine and ps4 uses an amd 8 core apu

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News