Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony PlayStation Store Reveals New PS4 Digital DRM Policy Details

Sponsored Links
    Now that you can pre-order PlayStation 4 titles such as [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links] on Sony's PSN Store, they have adapted a new PS4 digital DRM (Digital Rights Management) policy as detailed below.

To quote: "With the PlayStation Store, you can download your games to two systems. However, playing those games is a different story. When youíre on your primary system, the one you use all the time, you can play as you normally would.

But to play on another system, the owner of the game must be signed into his or her PSN account. So for instance if I go to a friendís house and want to play Knack, I need to stay signed into my PSN account in order for us to continue playing. If I am on my PS4, I can play it without signing in.

This is different from the current digital DRM practice with the PS3 where you can download on up to two systems, but donít need to be signed in with the purchasing account to play said game.

The PlayStation 4 will be available in the US on November 15th and Europe on November 29th."

Sony PlayStation Store Reveals New PS4 Digital DRM Policy Details

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Lol of course Sony would do that. Can't count them out haha

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that's rotten. no more account sharing. grrrr

shared this on facebook boss, hope that ok.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, that's fine.. much appreciated elser1!

I checked the site that you sourced this information from, and they apparently get their information from the PS Store: "Well, the PlayStation Store has the first details."

I checked the store and I cant see where it explicitly says that I can only play digital game offline on my primary console and where I need to be logged in on my secondary console? Can anyone see where that information is, or is the source site just a load of crap trying to gather hits on this breaking "news".

Just wondering cause I'd hate for all of us to get duped over nothing???

Great news for people with 2 ps4 in their own home as well.

Not really seeing what some users are getting freaked out over; Sony definitely had a lot of people just copying games to one account that a large group of friends shared with the way they implemented it last time, this makes perfect sense.

Not surprised by this. I used to share a lot of games back when we had 5 activations. Now I'm pretty much buying everything. Sux for my wallet, but I understand the reasoning.

kool boss. glad it was ok. lol i'm on a few trophy n ps4 groups on fb/i'll share some thing when they pop up if its ok. at least it should bring some new people through the site for ya..

Thumbs Up

Sounds like a plan, as we are going to be doing some updates to the site soon as well to prepare for PS4.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News