Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Investigates PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0, Corrupts PS4 Save Files

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony reports (via Eurogamer) that they are investigating PlayStation 4 error code CE-34878-0, which according to reports corrupts PS4 save files and share captures.

To quote: Sony has told Eurogamer it is aware of a mysterious PlayStation 4 error which is affecting users' save files.

PS4 owners who experience the mysterious CE-34878-0 error have reported finding their saves corrupted for some of the platform's biggest games.

"We are aware of the cases and we appreciate your patience while we investigate," a Sony spokesperson told us.

A [Register or Login to view links] on the official PlayStation forum, dug up by [Register or Login to view links], documents the troubles of hundreds of PS4 owners.

The thread includes cases of users losing progress in an array of titles, such as Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.

The spread of the issue - across multiple games and publishers - suggests its origin lies with Sony's hardware itself.

"Lost 40 hours of playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag," PSN forum member kickson123 complained. "Now I dont want to spend another 40h with possibility for same thing happened again. Also have PSN plus account and I was expecting that all my saves are 100% safe. At moment I am very disappointed in Sony."

From [Register or Login to view links]: The code appears after any PS4 game crashes, regardless of why, meaning that the sequence may not represent a systematic problem. In some cases, these crashes are corrupting game save data, according to users.

A Sony [Register or Login to view links] has offered guidance on dealing with the general error code:

Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.
    Step 2: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].

From [Register or Login to view links]: NBA2K14 careers seem to be getting a particular hammering currently but a large list of games are mentioned, including FIFA 14, Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall and more. There seems to be no differentiation between disks or downloads while other causes have included ejecting a Blu-ray and even viewing captured screenshots.

[Register or Login to view links] reader "Jim" wrote in to report the loss of 30 hours' worth of progress as a result of a glitch that the PS4 console identifies as "Error CE-34878-0." The bug isn't isolated to a specific game, as PlayStation community members report lost progress across several titles in the PlayStation 4's library, including NBA 2K14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. In rare cases, "CE-34878-0" prevents users from starting any PlayStation 4 application, rendering the console unusable.

PlayStation forum members suggest a variety of solutions to the issue, ranging from save file deletion to a full console replacement. We've reached out to Sony for comment and await a response.

Finally, from Sony's Community Coordinator [Register or Login to view links] on the CE-34878-0 PS4 error code:

Hey guys, If you are experiencing this ce-34878-0 error code, please close the application and then install the latest system software and game patch.

If the error occurs again, initialize the PS4 system after back-up of the save data and please also submit any crash reports after re-booting your console when the error occurs. Hope that helps.

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Typical Sony crap ... and again - NO local backup capability on PS4 - WELL DONE Sony!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    man i'll be annoyed if I cop that sid..

emm you can backup your saves on ps4 i did it when i replaced my HDD for a bigger one! its in settings

save

if they had ps+ and im assuming they have then shouldn't his black flag save be on the cloud automatically i know mine is

Expect better than ever.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News