Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Employees Respond to PlayStation 4 DRM & PS4 Used Games

Sponsored Links
    Following up on their previous confirmation that the PlayStation 4 / PS4 console won't block used games, some top Sony employees have also responded to the [Register or Login to view links] movement (hashtags #PS4NoDRM and #PS4USEDGAMES) to accept used video games and remove DRM (digital rights management) protection from them.

The movement started (via neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568033) with the intended goal being to convince Sony not to take the same route as Microsoft with the PS4. They also want people to tell Sony that the PlayStation 4 should be region free and have free online play.

Below are some excerpts from some high-ranking Sony staffers revealing that the company is listening to consumers and gamers alike, as follows:

John Koller, the head of Sony Hardware Marketing commented (twitter.com/jpkoller): This is why I love PlayStation fans- the passion bucket overflows #playstation

While Nick Accordino, an SCEA producer, added (twitter.com/Nikoro): Humbled by the outpouring of passionate PlayStation fans and their willingness to talk to us directly. Please know that we hear you. <3

PlayStation Software Product Development Head Scott Rohde has also chimed in (twitter.com/RohdeScott): I love passionate #PlayStation Fans!!

Finally, Sony senior business development manager Shadid Kamal Ahmed joined the discussion saying (twitter.com/shahidkamal): To all the fans, with a special mention to GAFfers, I *love* your passion. It convinces me that the path I chose 31 years ago was right.

While the Tweets above belong to the personal accounts of Sony employees rather than the official PlayStation Twitter the high level staff at the company involved in the PS4 are no doubt aware of what's going on.

Sony Employees Respond to PlayStation 4 DRM & PS4 Used Games

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony ftw

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Kool stuff

I told myself I'd probably just stick to PC gaming after my PS3 died, but I changed my mind again and decided I'll also get a PS4, because I just can't pass up PlayStation exclusives.

I'm more excited about the PS4 than any other console I've owned so far.

i just hope we get a fair go on pricing here in australia compared to usa. hate being ripped off and also would be awesome if you can account share, but i doubt that will be ok. lol

If they are keen to listen and implement user feedback, then ps4 could be the perfect console the ps3 tried to be.

ATM a CFW PS3 is the best console of all time. I doubt the PS4 will be better. As its x86 (32bit btw not 64bit like PCs) then it'll be easier to hack I'm guessing so a CFW for PS4 shouldn't be as long to make like the PS3 took.

And as both PS4 and Xbox1 are x86 then there will no longer be "oh the PS4 looks better than Xbox1" posts as they both run the same architecture. BUT as PCs will always be better the PC version of games will always look better. And with all the DRM going into consoles PCs are looking better and better with every stupid update they tell us about.

I hope this console doesn't have any YLOD symptoms or some shit like that. Because if it has, Its fanboys would be damned. HAHAHAAA!

it's fine that Pony's not going to block used games, but both M$ and Pony will have everybody to purchase a online code for another additional cost.

Just like Martini says: NO CODE, NO PARTY !!!

I can only laugh... Everyone has forgot what Sony did to you/us at the account theft? Lots of you growln then "ignore $ony! i will never buy anything from them!", ... And now? look at the percentages how many ppl want a PS4 and how many a One.

Are you absolutely sure that Sony will not remove features again? Or will not introduce any DRM on re-selled games? Come on, guys! Do you still believe to Sony? Are you joking?

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    As its x86 (32bit btw not 64bit like PCs) then it'll be easier to hack I'm guessing so a CFW for PS4 shouldn't be as long to make like the PS3 took.
    It's already been confirmed that the PS4's Jaguar CPU has an x64 extension.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News