Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Red Barrels Announces Outlast is Out Today: Survival Horror on PS4

Sponsored Links
    Red Barrels Co-Founder Philippe Morin announced that Outlast PS4 is officially out today bringing survival horror to PlayStation 4.

To quote: Hello gamers! I'm Philippe Morin, one of the co-founders of [Register or Login to view links].

Our first game, Outlast, is coming to PS4 today, and I'm excited to share that those of you who are PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download it completely for free.

Outlast itself is a survival-horror game created by a team of 11 people with one common goal: to scare the *bleep* out of you.

Here's the story so far... In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, the facility was recently re-opened by the "research and charity" branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation.

Taking advantage of the Asylum's history and remote location, they've been operating in strict secrecy. That is, they were until the reporter arrived.

Acting on a tip from an anonymous source, independent journalist Miles Upshur has broken into the facility, and what he is about to discover inside will walk a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something entirely other. Trapped with nightmares old and new, his only hope of escape will lie with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.

So, in short, you're a journalist who's found himself in a very wrong place at the very wrong time. You can't hope to defend yourself against the mutated patients of the asylum, so you have to sneak, run, and hide... or die. We've done our best to create a memorable roller-coaster ride, one that entertains, scares, and leaves you craving more.

In fact, one of the most fun things about watching players make their way through Outlast has been watching the terrified looks on their faces, so we decided to step things up a notch. Newly added on PS4 is a difficulty level we call "insane." If you feel brave enough to pick this mode, you'll have very low health, very few batteries, no checkpoints, and no chance to save your game. It's do or die. Survive or start again.

So here it is - turn off the lights, crank up the sound, and hold tight to your controller, because true horror is coming straight to your console today.

We can't help if you end up needing new underwear, but if you've got any comments or questions please post them below or poke us on [Register or Login to view links] or [Register or Login to view links]. We hope you enjoy the game!

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi, what about PS3 is there a way to have it on this console? thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is this for ps3 also?

Any help please can we play this game on Ps3

Every last one of you could have just typed the question into the search engine... You're on the internet for crying out loud.

so is it on ps3 lol

Looks like by far its PS4 & PC. But its still cool, I'll most likely give it a try tonight after work on my PS4. Between the two consoles PS3 has been (and still) recieving a LOT more new games as of lately over the PS4 from what I've seen up to this point. So in my opinion its nice to see PS4 owners finally get something interesting.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News