PS4 System Software / Firmware Update 1.72 Arrives, Details Available
Following up on the previous update and recent rumors, today Sony has released PS4 System Software / Firmware Update 1.72 with details below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]
Once again, from Sony's Twitter feed on the update:
System software updates coming soon for PS4 (v1.72) and PS3 (v4.60), both will improve system software stability during use of some features
Perform a new installation of the system software:
This procedure is for initializing your PS4 system and performing a new installation of the system software, such as for when you replace the hard disk drive.
- Be careful when using an update file for reinstallation. All users and all data will be deleted.
The following things are needed to perform the update:
- PlayStation 4 system
- Computer connected to the Internet
- USB storage device, such as a USB flash drive
* There must be 400 MB of free space.
- On the USB storage device, create folders for saving the update file.
- Using a computer, create a folder named “PS4″. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file, and save it in the “UPDATE” folder you created in step 1.
- Save the file with the file name “PS4UPDATE.PUP”.
- Turn off the power of your PS4 system completely.
- Check that the power indicator is not lit. If the power indicator is lit up in orange, touch the power button on the PS4 system for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps a second time).
- Connect the USB storage device that the update file is saved on to your PS4 system, and then touch the power button for at least 7 seconds.
- The PS4 system starts in safe mode
- Select [Update System Software].
- Follow the screens to complete the update.
- If your PS4 system does not recognize the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.
More PlayStation 4 News...
Where is the 3d bluray and dlna feature?
They say its coming at some point but I wish it was sooner rather than later.
Another pointless updates ...
we need more features such as multimedia music video from external drive ,mp3 music ,photos
may be sony foolish or pointless
Last edited by maysam91; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:55 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost