Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS4 System Software / Firmware Update 1.60 Incoming, Details

Sponsored Links
    Following up on their previous PlayStation 4 update, although not officially announced by Sony (yet) today reports suggest that PS4 System Software / Firmware Update 1.60 is incoming with rumored changes detailed below.

From The Z, to quote: Even though Sony did not officially announced the PS4 Firmware 1.60 yet, there are already some rumours about an upcoming PS4 Firmware Update 1.60.

It is known that currently just a few Headsets are working with the PlayStation 4 and that some official PS4-certified Headsets are being released pretty soon. But what has the new Firmware to do with those Headsets? Well, I will explain this in the following part...

If we take a closer look at the Gold Wireless Stereo Headset (as seen on [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links]) by Sony Computer Entertainment, then we can see in the description of it, that we need a PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 running the Firmware 4.20 or 1.60, respectively.

The release for this Headset is set due to end of January 2014, which means that there will be a new PS4 Firmware in the next 7 days, cause the January ends in less than 7 days.

It does not state which features the new FW 1.60 will offer, but it seems obvious that it will be necessary for those official Headsets for the PlayStation 4.

While we are looking at the new PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.60, we might want to keep in mind that the Second-Screen feature of the PlayStation Vita checks the version of the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita, and therefore can deny the access to the PlayStation 4 Link features, because a PlayStation 4 running Firmware 1.60 will, most likely, need an updated PlayStation Vita, so Sony can kill two birds with one stone.

The PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.52 forces the PlayStation Vita to update to Firmware 3.01 (or higher), otherwise the feature can not be used.

Since we get the PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.60, we might can expect a PlayStation Vita Firmware 3.10. Stay tuned, because I have got a feeling that the new Firmwares will drop earlier than we would like them to drop.

Update: The PS4 Update 1.6 is now delayed to coincide with the Japan PlayStation 4 console launch. To quote (via [Register or Login to view links]) on the change:

"Well it seems recently from inside sources that the update we are anticipating has a date. PS4 update 1.6 to be released on FEB 22, 2014 alongside the plan debut of PlayStation 4 in Japan. There will be talk about the headset soon but the update was pushed to the 22nd, I hope this little but of information helps everyone out."

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hope they let the wireless ps3 heasdsets work. ps4 is a box of snot at the moment imo. they need to fix all this and release games that aren't glitch too. can't wait for new infamous. hopefully then I will be glad I bought this console

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    could not agree more elser 1, i really hope the new infamous isn't a huge letdown

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The system has been out like what, 2 months? It's pretty obvious both Sony and Microsoft were in a hurry to get these consoles out this Christmas, and any games we have now are games that have been rushed to be released alongside the system.

I agree it would be really nice to let the PS3 headsets work, especially considering the cost of them. However, I think we all know when we move from console to console, generally accessories go out the window so don't hold your breath. The same could be said about the people who bought racing steering wheels and such.

I don't think it's really fair to consider most of the games glitchy either. Aside from Battlefield 4, the other games haven't had many issues for me and I've been playing AC4: Black Flag, CoD: Ghosts, Killzone Shadowfall and the free PS+ games.

With all that out of the way, I am happy to see we are finally getting a completely wireless PS4 headset solution. Even the expensive third party headsets have been requiring you to use the audio jack for voice chat. Nothing beats being wireless.

I've already almost dropped my DS4 on the floor because I move around to do something and forget it's attached to my microphone/earbud. The ability to plug in the audio cable when the headset battery dies will also be a nice touch, though.

Frankly - I haven't touched mine since I took it our of box on release and it's only collecting dust sitting next o my PS3. I've bought it for one game only which is due to release (hopefully) in April with beta starting and end of Feb so by then it will have little to no use anyway ...

what game is that ?

Who tf is Frankly?

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News