Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS4 / PlayStation 4 Release Date Revealed by Best Buy Kiosk

Sponsored Links
    Today AllGames.com (linked above) reports that Sony's PS4 / PlayStation 4 release date of November 30, 2013 has been revealed by a kiosk in a local Best Buy retail store.

Previously, Sony stated that the PS4 / PlayStation 4 release date would be officially unveiled at Gamescom in Cologne from August 21-25, 2013.

Below are the details, to quote: "Exactly when will the PS4 be released?

The answer lies in what I would describe as an impressive pre-order display touch screen system located at a particular Best Buy I went to recently. Using the touch screen, you can pre-order video games and/or the new video game systems.

While I was at Best Buy, using the touch screen, I decided, on a whim, to select the video game consoles category since I was curious as to what would be displayed for the PS4. I touched the screen that showed a picture of the PS4 - when lo and behold - I saw it! There before me on the big screen was the release date for the PS4.

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so take a look and you will see what I saw as the availability, release, or launch date for the PS4. Rather than me telling you the date - check out the visual below. Pre-order touch screen at Best Buy shows availability date for the PS4 as 11/30/2013.

There you have it - practically in black and white - that the release date for the PS4 is 11/30/2013. In my opinion, it is beneficial to know the specific release date for the PS4 for planning purposes - however; there is a caveat. If you are interested in pre-ordering the PS4, unlike Amazon or other places that do not require a deposit, you will have to pay a $25.00 deposit if you pre-order from Best Buy.

The PS4 will be available on 11/30/2013, and will require a $25.00 deposit if you pre-order from Best Buy."

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's a placeholder date. The likelihood of a console being released after Black Friday is ridiculous.

Honestly, if this is a story then Amazon is lying to consumers because they're saying that Infamous Second Son is coming out this year.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I agree.

Most places are just using 'placeholder' dates to sell the system. No one really knows yet.

Third one to agree - it seems a generic placeholder.

They could actually do it something like 12/31/2099 lol

If I had to guess I think they are just estimating a sometime-in-November release date. Just wait for gamescom and we will know for sure.

If that is the real date, its on a special day! MY BIRTHDAY

Hopefully that's the release date

Most likely only placeholder like at million other stores - nothing to really get too much excited I'm afraid ...

can not wait to have PS4

I went ahead and pre-ordered it at Best Buy. I wanted to do so at GameStop, but since they ran out I couldn't. I mainly just wanted the power up rewards points to get a PSN card or something

Oh well, still get the PS4 though

Sony PS4 / PlayStation 4 Rumored to Launch on October 21, 2013

Following up on the previous rumor, today an anonymous retailer schedule purports that the PlayStation 4 will be launching on October 21 although the PS4 was listed as an unnamed Sony console.

Below are the details, to quote: "Here's a juicy rumor for potential PlayStation 4 buyers. According to a NeoGaf user by the name of Nealand Liquor a listing for an unnamed Sony console notes the release date as October 21. Barring Sony working on a PlayStation 3 revision or a PS Vita 2, this release date falls within the rumored release window for the PlayStation 4.

Nealand, however, is persuaded that the listing is absolutely the PlayStation 4 and believes the release date to be officially confirmed by Sony. He states that in previous product release schedules revisions like slim consoles are listed by their official names, where new platforms like the Wii U, 3DS and Vita are only referenced as a Nintendo / Sony console. He also states that release dates, if unconfirmed, are listed as TBA. If a release date is listed, it has been confirmed by the product's company.

"Rumor: Our internal product release schedule from head office dropped yesterday and on Oct 21st an unnamed Sony console will be launched. Fyi all console revisions like the ps360 slims and Wii Mini were listed as ps360 & wii mini. Previously the wiiu, 3ds and vita were also only listed as Nintendo / Sony Console in the product name column.

Disclaimer: I just work at a very large retailer, managing the electronics sales force and nothing more. I have nothing to do with purchasing, nation wide merchandising or shipping. I am not trying to play this off as I have connections at Sony, or I am some sort of insider. It's that just yesterday we received a product release schedule from our head office and I thought this is OT itt.

These schedules btw, are for internal use only, designed to allow us time to create our instore merch plans. If the launch date for a product is unknown, it's simply marked TBA. The only time a date is ever included is when we have received confirmation of said date from the product company."

Keep in mind this rumor comes from an anonymous forum, though NeoGaf mods have verified the account of Nealand Liquor. He claims to work for an electronic sales for of a very large retailer, which may or may not be true. Naturally, we shouldn't assume the rumor to be true until officially verified by Sony. Still, this one seems pretty solid. It's about as verified as these sorts of rumors get online."

Sony PS4 / PlayStation 4 Rumored to Launch on October 21, 2013

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News