PlayStation 4 / PS4 in Factory Service Mode (FSM) Rumors Surface
Following up on the recent PS4 Jailbreak rumors that appear to have been debunked as fake, today a picture of a purported PlayStation 4 in Factory Service Mode surfaced on IRC with the hope that PS4 FSM will lead to useful developments such as the PS3 FactoryServiceMode Tool did for the PlayStation 3 scene.
We will post more details on the PS4 Factory / Service Mode picture as they surface, and below are some PlayStation 4 Safe Mode (Recovery Menu) details for those who weren't aware how to access it as well.
Starting the PS4 in Safe Mode
Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
Safe Mode Options
The following options are available in Safe Mode:
1. Restart System - Ends Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally.
2. Change Resolution - Changes the screen resolution to 480p when the PlayStation 4 is restarted.
3. Update System Software - Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.
4. Restore Default Settings - Restores the PlayStation 4 to the default factory settings.
5. Rebuild Database - Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content. This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
6. Initialize PS4 - IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step. Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 to as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as [Initialize PS4] in the (Settings) menu. System software (firmware) is not deleted.
7. Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) - IMPORTANT: Deletes all information on the HDD, including the System Software. A message that states a USB storage device containing the System Software must be connected, is displayed. Then you can confirm the selection.
Hi there, i'm trying to find a way out of the PS4's Factory/Service Mode, I've been looking for a solution everywhere but I've only been able to find a picture of what I have with PS4NEWS watermark on it so I thought I'd post here.
Can anyone help me (aka MtBrendor)? It came back from warranty like that, and calling sony didn't help at all, they just wanted to do another service request. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!