Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

New PS4 Firmware Update to Feature Media Playback & More, Details

Sponsored Links
    Today some details have been revealed by industry insider Tidux (via twitter.com/Tidux/) and also Sony's EU Blog Rep Fred Dutton (via blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/20/week-playstation-20/#comment-536731) on what is expected to be included in the new PS4 Firmware 1.80 update which features Media Playback and more alongside a release timeframe outlined below.

To quote: "Well known industry insider Tidux strikes again, this time around teasing some interesting details regarding upcoming PlayStation 4 firmware. Tidux via Twitter teased that PlayStation 4 will soon receive some features that are already available on PlayStation 3 along with some new stuff.

When asked some specific details regarding "How SOON" PlayStation 4 owners can expect to hear an official announcement, Tidux replied "Before/Around GamesCom 2014".
    • #PS4 will soon have the same features already available on the #PS3. plus some new stuff.
    • When is soon? Before gamescom? around that timeframe.
    • The next FW update is going to be called 1.8 and it will come around #gamescom2014 #ps4
    • No, 1.7 added new functions, 1.71 1.72 1.73 1.74 added stabillity , next vill be 1.8

I asked Tidux, whether or not he can't list those already available PS3 features? he replied: "Media Playback".
    • What those already available PS3 features are? can you please provide some hint? Media Playback

This new PS4 firmware teaser from Tidux looks pretty legit because a similar teaser was posted by SCEE representative Fred Dutton on PlayStation Blog comment section. When a fan asked for some update on new PS4 firmware, Fred replied: "news coming very soon" and when asked for some specific time frame, he reiterated that “more information” will arrive in the near future."

From Fred Dutton's Tweets, to quote: "No, not this week – it will be the week after. It’s looking like an eclectic list this month – should be something for everyone.

Yes, more news on PS4 firmware updates very soon. Stay tuned. Alas, not at present. More info to come soon though."

Finally, for those curious Gamescom 2014 run from August 13th to the 17th and is held in Cologne, Germany.

New PS4 Firmware Update to Feature Media Playback & More, Details

More PlayStation 4 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Fantastic news! Lets hope it plays every format and codec out there but I doubt it

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool. I hope having a PS4 theme is also one of the features as well.

I can't wait for this. Now I will not have to internet stream my videos to ps4 anymore.

Well 1.74 came out today and its got "system stability" and thats it. Another BS update.

For systems claiming to be "the entertainment hub of your household", does anyone else think it's pathetic that the PS4 and Xbone don't have support for media playback yet? They both also lack 3D Blu-Ray playback.

It's just odd that these "next-gen" consoles are inferior to the last generation in every way besides graphics, which are only slightly better.

hope to be an useful update!

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    Well 1.74 came out today and its got "system stability" and thats it. Another BS update.
    Yep, so I see.. I wonder if there will be another then around Gamescom... time will tell I spose.

http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-4...ils-available/

I've been using plex a bit and although its a great server, unless you use mp4/h.264 it has to transcode and my crappy netbook isn't up to the task. The past says that Sony won't have every codec supported but if they make the ps4 play anything, it would be another massive win over microsoft.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News