Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'd like to know when this will be available for purchase and the price.

I went with one of those external connectors lastgen but due to the location of the HDD in the new PS4 it doesn't look like it would look too pretty having a cable run out of the top of the unit, and would probably require a custom coverplate to allow the cable to pass through.

I'm also curious if having the empty space where the HDD is suppose to be would disrupt the intended design of airflow to the components, increasing the risk of overheating.

The other thing is the PS4 FAQ does not mention any capacity limitation, however we all know drivers with more than 1TB of storage wouldn't recognize on the PS3, so i'd like to know if there is a limitation on the PS4 as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    do you think you could get a 15mm 2tb in there or only 9mm? cheers
    The PS4 FAQ states no bigger than 9.5mm in height, so this HDD is good news.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by elviscrid View Post
    Wonder how long it'll be before someone releases a customised cable that will plug into the internal hdd connector and extend to the outside of the case, allowing hdd's of all shapes and sizes to be fitted! (If someone makes it, can I have some money please! )
    Those have been available since the dawn of SATA. A single extender cable that has both the main SATA cable and power cable. The PS4 doesn't support external HDDs?

will this fit in a ps3?

Yes it'll fit in a PS3 as well.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News