Yellow Dog Linux Installer Question

Well, I've already install Gentoo and Fedora. Both worked fine, but, I just wanted to test them out. I'm ready to install Yellow Dog Linux and did all the necessary steps building up to it, but to my surprise when I started the graphical installer, it didn't work. My TV went all green screen with messed up text, etc. I have an HDTV and my PS3 is connected via a component video cable, and it supports 1080i, so I'm not sure why the graphical installer won't work. I'm fine installing with the text installer, but it's just bugging me a little to not know why the graphic install won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chouonsoku View Post
    Well, I've already install Gentoo and Fedora. Both worked fine, but, I just wanted to test them out. I'm ready to install Yellow Dog Linux and did all the necessary steps building up to it, but to my surprise when I started the graphical installer, it didn't work. My TV went all green screen with messed up text, etc. I have an HDTV and my PS3 is connected via a component video cable, and it supports 1080i, so I'm not sure why the graphical installer won't work. I'm fine installing with the text installer, but it's just bugging me a little to not know why the graphic install won't work.
    I'd think there's a chance that your component cables are hooked up to the non-hd component port on your tv? I had an older hd-tv which had three component in ports but only 2 of the 3 were HD (1080i) while the other component jack would only go up to 480p. Just a guess! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by krwz View Post
    I'd think there's a chance that your component cables are hooked up to the non-hd component port on your tv? I had an older hd-tv which had three component in ports but only 2 of the 3 were HD (1080i) while the other component jack would only go up to 480p. Just a guess! Good luck!
    Nope, they're in the 1080i port because I can run Yellow Dog Linux in 1080i, just not the installer. Thanks for the guess though.

The default resolution for YDL graphical installation is 720p .

Perhaps check that your TV is in that default mode.

Edited- Read the RULES! Copy and paste the info here- NO external links! -Staff

you can always try the text install and then modify settings to go back to 720p

Yeah, that's what I did teks. I guess that the YDL installer doesn't support 1080i installation. Oh well. Thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by Chouonsoku; 01-11-2007 at 05:21 PM Reason: Word was edited out for some reason.

I just finished installing yellowdog linux this morning and I have an hdtv with 1080i res, when i installed linux with this resolution, it worked just fine!

Ya, thats prolly cuz you have a good tv that autoscales to the input, and reset its display to 720p nicely with the PS3 output.

I have tried installing YDL several times with no luck. When it starts loading the packages it says the disk is corrupt. Has anyone had this problem?