Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Yellow Dog Linux Installer Question

Sponsored Links
    Well, I've already install Gentoo and Fedora. Both worked fine, but, I just wanted to test them out. I'm ready to install Yellow Dog Linux and did all the necessary steps building up to it, but to my surprise when I started the graphical installer, it didn't work. My TV went all green screen with messed up text, etc. I have an HDTV and my PS3 is connected via a component video cable, and it supports 1080i, so I'm not sure why the graphical installer won't work. I'm fine installing with the text installer, but it's just bugging me a little to not know why the graphic install won't work.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Chouonsoku View Post
    Well, I've already install Gentoo and Fedora. Both worked fine, but, I just wanted to test them out. I'm ready to install Yellow Dog Linux and did all the necessary steps building up to it, but to my surprise when I started the graphical installer, it didn't work. My TV went all green screen with messed up text, etc. I have an HDTV and my PS3 is connected via a component video cable, and it supports 1080i, so I'm not sure why the graphical installer won't work. I'm fine installing with the text installer, but it's just bugging me a little to not know why the graphic install won't work.
    I'd think there's a chance that your component cables are hooked up to the non-hd component port on your tv? I had an older hd-tv which had three component in ports but only 2 of the 3 were HD (1080i) while the other component jack would only go up to 480p. Just a guess! Good luck!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by krwz View Post
    I'd think there's a chance that your component cables are hooked up to the non-hd component port on your tv? I had an older hd-tv which had three component in ports but only 2 of the 3 were HD (1080i) while the other component jack would only go up to 480p. Just a guess! Good luck!
    Nope, they're in the 1080i port because I can run Yellow Dog Linux in 1080i, just not the installer. Thanks for the guess though.

PS3 Square Button

The default resolution for YDL graphical installation is 720p .

Perhaps check that your TV is in that default mode.

Edited- Read the RULES! Copy and paste the info here- NO external links! -Staff

you can always try the text install and then modify settings to go back to 720p

Yeah, that's what I did teks. I guess that the YDL installer doesn't support 1080i installation. Oh well. Thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by Chouonsoku; 01-11-2007 at 06:21 PM Reason: Word was edited out for some reason.

I just finished installing yellowdog linux this morning and I have an hdtv with 1080i res, when i installed linux with this resolution, it worked just fine!

Ya, thats prolly cuz you have a good tv that autoscales to the input, and reset its display to 720p nicely with the PS3 output.

I have tried installing YDL several times with no luck. When it starts loading the packages it says the disk is corrupt. Has anyone had this problem?

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News