Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkinguyen View Post
    Try this "/sbin/fdisk /dev/sdb". It seems that you do not have your PATH set up right.

Bash is a shell. Please google it. You will get a better answer than from me.

Now the fix is....

vi /root/.bashrc

...add...

PATH=$PATH:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:.

...hopes this help you.

o...you have to be root to use fdisk. That is why it is not in your path. Try logging in as root and perform my suggested commands.
    I logged in as root and followed your instructions from the previous post and...everything worked out! I can now dump out to my external usb hard drive. Thanks again!!

Sponsored Links

Add/Remove programs doesnt work on YDL 5.0?

Sponsored Links
    Dont know if this question has been answered already but i have to ask.

Everytime i attempt to open add/remove programs in YDL i receive the following message " unable to retrieve software information. this could be cased by not having a network connection available."

Internet connection is up and running fine but cant install any programs.

HELP!:??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    are you trying to add or remove?

add: consider building from source.
    remove: use rpm -e <app>

I have noticed that the gui doesn't always function normally too.

Well i was trying to add...not sure how to add using command prompt but all i could find on the net was something reguarding me having to update? still pretty clueless on this thing, i found the repo files which i was told to remove the "#" from the logs which i did but still does not work.

Curious...what are you trying to add?

I too have tried to open up yum for the YD updates, but that did not work for me either. I am read somewhere that you have to pay for the subscription to get updated packages. So I gave up on that. Instead, I build from source....

- mplayer
    - lame
    - libdvdread

...when I need more I will compile more. Here are my steps...

1) tar zxf mplayer*.gz
    2) cd mplayer*
    3) ./configure
    4) make
    5) make install
    6) test (mplayer)

I was trying to install quicktime for linux... i'm really new to linux, is there an easy way i can learn how to compile installs? from what you typed it looks like a batch file.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Jounin View Post
    i was attempting to install quicktime 4 for linux....is there a guide to teach you to compile programs for install? sorry i'm just real new to linux
    to make your life simple, compile mplayer. it will handle a lot of extentions. take a look at the mplayer website for more info.

Hi, I'm new to linux and I don't know how to install a program... I want to install VLC or any media player which can read dvix, mp3, dvd... A step by step guide would be really great (I mean really step by step like click by click, I'm clearly a noob to linux). Thanks!

What I have stated to "Elite Jounin" was how to build mplayer from scratch. The only thing missing is to download the mplayer*.gz file (Google) and testing a video via "mplayer <file>.avi". Other than that, you will need to build lame in order to play mp3. I don't want to overwhelm you, so just start with the mplayer first.

Quote Originally Posted by neboubou View Post
    Hi, I'm new to linux and I don't know how to install a program... I want to install VLC or any media player which can read dvix, mp3, dvd... A step by step guide would be really great (I mean really step by step like click by click, I'm clearly a noob to linux). Thanks!
    Maybe the following link will help. Make sure you remove the # in front of baseurl before doing anything. Scroll down to my post for more details. I have followed exactly the instructions at the first post and just succeedfully installed VLC on PS3. No hassle, just a little bit of patience. Good luck.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ch...0-a-46079.html

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News