Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Anytime, good luck with it. If you have any troubles or anything post em, I've gotten a lot of experience with PS3 linux over the past few days so hopefully I'll be able to help!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by coheedcollapse View Post
    Anytime, good luck with it. If you have any troubles or anything post em, I've gotten a lot of experience with PS3 linux over the past few days so hopefully I'll be able to help!
    Would REALLY appreciate guide on VLC plus codecs installation on YDL 5 as i had experienced trying to install it on fedora 5 and YDL 5 on the PS3 with no luck but at that time the yum repositories for ydl were not functional. So, it will be nice to have a step by step install guide for VLC install on YDL and possibly mention of the dependencies as i find that the toughest part during installation!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    can u run online poker software on the ps3 using linux?

When you create an additional partition on the ps3 that is what is reservered for the other OS. If for some reason you get a virus (doubt it on linux) or hose something up you can alway reformat and not affect the ps3 partition.

Anyone install Fedora Core 6? I am not to found of yellow dog however I have gotten vnc to work and have mounted window shares.

Quote Originally Posted by rome138 View Post
    which OS is better to install?
    - Yellow Dog
    - Gentoo
    - Fedora 5
    Pros and Cons would be appreciated as well!!:??

Quote Originally Posted by rome138 View Post
    ok a couple of questions....

which OS is better to install?
    - Yellow Dog
    - Gentoo
    - Fedora 5

IMPORTANT QUESTION
    SECURITY!!!!

Whats available for computer security? I don't want to get some sort of virus and destroy my PS3...
    It's pretty much about preference. If you're new to Linux and just want something that looks nice, use Yellow Dog. If you have a tad bit of understanding of Linux, it's between you're preference of Fedora Core 5 and Gentoo.

Quote Originally Posted by numero1latino View Post
    When you create an additional partition on the ps3 that is what is reservered for the other OS. If for some reason you get a virus (doubt it on linux) or hose something up you can alway reformat and not affect the ps3 partition.

Anyone install Fedora Core 6? I am not to found of yellow dog however I have gotten vnc to work and have mounted window shares.
    by window shares you mean you've installed a Windows emulator OS on the linux lpar?

i saw someone who installed windows on the PS3... but i dont know if i'd recommend that 'cuz of all the viruses...

Quote Originally Posted by xrome138 View Post
    by window shares you mean you've installed a Windows emulator OS on the linux lpar?

i saw someone who installed windows on the PS3... but i dont know if i'd recommend that 'cuz of all the viruses...
    Nah, he means a direct connection to a windows machine, not emulating the OS.

Also I hear it's impossible to get windows running because we're on a PPC architecture. That also puts Wine out of the question as well.

Big Grin

I can't get my yellow dog to connect to my XP share folders at all, any info on loading/running Samba? or another way to connect?

THX

phunky, have you tried using the Red Kawa file server for PS3 sharing files between PC & PS3?

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News