Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox360 vs. PS3

Sponsored Links

Question Xbox360 vs. PS3

Sponsored Links
    Just A question for all the smart ones out there. I know there not out yet, but just from the pictures and info, which do you think will be easier to get into?

Sponsored Links

xbox 360 vs. PS3, more detailed...

Sponsored Links
    [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    id say the xbox 360, just because the ps3 cell chip is supposed to be an anti piracy chip itself...and microsoft almost wants you to get into there system just to either give them idea's or to show them where they messed up. it's like that new site m$ put up to get hackers to try and hack that site, they want to see there flaws....

but, ive also read that nintendo will have a diy sdk available so...

i think the ps3 will be the next gc in terms of antipiracy....

WOW! that sucks! im sure someone will figure it out and it will get done though. with the high price of video games it will just inspire poor people to just try harder. lol
    Last edited by seminolecounty; 05-21-2005 at 02:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MKE
    isn't that MS's Bullshit ?
    It states that PS3 Cell's SPE don't have Cache, but infact each SPE has 256 kb

PS3 will be successful. I dont care about hardware specifications. It boils down to the software library. Gamecompanies would rather make games for SONY because they sell better. This is why PS2 is so successful. It just has a greater amount of games.
    Last edited by sideshow; 05-21-2005 at 04:38 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MKE
    Cell is a totally different technology. Even tho it's only 1 Cell, it's twice the speed than to Xbox 360's 3 CPU cores. Ken Kutaragi said this clearly in the press conference that it's twice the speed of Xbox 360 processor. Yea because it's not measured in a processor's Ghz, the actual performace of a computer are measured in how much teraflop it can deliver.

The Xbox 360 has a 256GB/s eDRAM, but thats not the main memory bandwidth, the Xbox 360's memory bandwidth is 22.4 GB/s, the PS3 has 25.6 GB/s of memory bandwidth.

I think Xbox 360 wins the GPU performance tho. That link has unreliable information. Gamespot has a good overall system specs.

Stick Out Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by HitCon
    I think Xbox 360 wins the GPU performance tho. That link has unreliable information. Gamespot has a good overall system specs.

i think that they use diferent terms on the system specs to confuse the costumers that don't have the ability to see wich one is better example (a kid go to the mall and see that the ps3 have 100 Billion Shader Operations per second he will go like WOW the ps3 have 100 Billion Shader Operations per second and in he's mind going like i don't know what the hell is that but it sounds good). to me both console are great Xbox 360 have the xbox live that is a great inovation you can send PM to other players have video and audio chat in game (that i have to c to bilive) and you player card that is a great thing to let everyone know how good you are or not . . . and PS3 have the graphics real time play, speed, great media(blue-ray), and they are doing something like xbox live i don't know the exact info but i thing it will be call playstation world or something like that . . . and please people don't forget about the nintendo revolution they didn't show any new game nor they told the ppl the specs but i will love to play quest 64 again and a lot of the n64 games that i like. so with that in mind i think i will buy the three consoles not at lunch but in time . . .

Chears

I think one of the xbox guys at e3 said it best: "The cell doesn't even exist yet..."

Most of the PS3 demos were completely CGI. Everything else was being run off PC dev kits. Pretty much all the 360 Demos were real time. Sure, if the PS3 lives up to the potential Sony is telling us (like the PS2 before it, I doubt it now) it will blow the crap out of 360. For now, I will stick with what is real. I'll be pre-ordering 360 whenever EB lets me

Final Fantasy VII Tech Demo was clearly stated as in real-time...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News