Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xbox360 vs. PS3

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Unreal Tournament 2007 was also in real-time.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Bleh...

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett
    Most of the PS3 demos were completely CGI.
    The thing that made me mad the most about PS3 was with the FFVII tech demo, Square said they had no plans to fully recreate FFVII for PS3. Why tease us if you refuse to give up the goods?

Sponsored Links

Stick Out Tongue

Sponsored Links
    Boba Fett]I think one of the xbox guys at e3 said it best: "The cell doesn't even exist yet..."
    why do a big multi billion company lie to the costumers MS is just mad because they didn't think of the cell tech. first

Quote Originally Posted by alucard
    why do a big multi billion company lie to the costumers MS is just mad because they didn't think of the cell tech. first
    Because each of the multi-billion dollar companies knows that their is an army of fanboys in each camp, and they want to throw out as much marketing bull**** as possible to capture these fanboys' attention. In the meantime, most intelligent consumers realize that there's no way to actually tell which console will be better until they are actually released and we can get reviews and educated user opinions of each. Even then, many intelligent consumers will realize that all three consoles are quite nice, and purchase all three without regard to which one is "best".

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JCWohlschlag
    Because each of the multi-billion dollar companies knows that their is an army of fanboys in each camp, and they want to throw out as much marketing bull**** as possible to capture these fanboys' attention. In the meantime, most intelligent consumers realize that there's no way to actually tell which console will be better until they are actually released and we can get reviews and educated user opinions of each. Even then, many intelligent consumers will realize that all three consoles are quite nice, and purchase all three without regard to which one is "best".
    i agread with you i was on other forums and the ppl were figthing over what console is better and i was wtf they know they console are not out yet and these guys will kill each other if you trow they in a cage . . . in the end i will buy all three there's no ?? about it

PS3 Square Button

SCEE Phil Harrison says "Everything in the demos was real-time." don't believe it? well it's only natural. we'll have to wait for the truth. I personally think it's all done in real-time, It's just that I trust Sony and I don't believe they would lie to consumers. More Details: [Register or Login to view links]

you do understand what he said there that some demos were running off video. So its technically not real-time, but those were previously running in real-time before it was put into video. He mentioned there that "some things were rendered" I guess what he meant by that is that some parts of games like killzone has some of it not in real-time, like before they land on the ground it looks pre-rendered to me.

Is anyone shocked that there is no tivo functionality in either of the new consoles? Why not? both have removable hard drives and are striving to be more than just a video game machines. Perhaps there will be an addon kit you can buy to add this capability?

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett
    I think one of the xbox guys at e3 said it best: "The cell doesn't even exist yet..."

Most of the PS3 demos were completely CGI. Everything else was being run off PC dev kits. Pretty much all the 360 Demos were real time. Sure, if the PS3 lives up to the potential Sony is telling us (like the PS2 before it, I doubt it now) it will blow the crap out of 360. For now, I will stick with what is real. I'll be pre-ordering 360 whenever EB lets me
    Gotta disagree with ya there....
    A) How dare a M$ guy say that? None of the xbox360 stuff was shown on an xbox360....So I would say it doesn't exist yet either. All xbox360 stuf was shown using two g5 computers....Which M$ said will only be 1/3 the power of xbox360. Cell doesn't exist yet....what a bunch of crap...
    B)Sony said that killzone 2 was shown rendered in realtime...Though I admit...They didn't say what on...and it's likely you didn't get the sony press confrence on your 56k...I'll have to send it to ya!

Anyway...What it comes down to is this:
    Nothing next gen was shown running on actual hardware.
    You can't listen to either side exclusivly. Doing that makes you a fanboy and a liberal! lol!
    You have to sift through the press garbage to find the truth.
    so Xbox360 vs ps3?
    I don't care....I'm getting all 3.....

As am I (getting all 3 new systems). I guess I was a little mad because the Killzone 2 demo showed so much promise. Nearly every place I've been said that that trailer was completely PC rendered.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News