Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Xbox 360, Wii Lead Holiday Sales

Sponsored Links
    January 2, 2007 - According to preliminary NPD data, the Xbox 360 was the best-selling console during the holiday season in the U.S. [Register or Login to view links] is reporting that Americans picked up two million units of Microsoft's system during the period.

But Nintendo was not far behind. In spite of limited availability, the Wii sold 1.8 million units from its launch until December 25. Sony only moved approximately 750,000 units of the PlayStation 3, due to manufacturing problems and decreased demand. Over the holidays, IGN repeatedly found PS3s available at retailers while no Wiis were in sight. The price of a PS3 on eBay has also dropped to around its MSRP, while the Wii is still selling for over twice its retail price.

NPD expects to release complete sales data for the holiday season later this month.

Update 1/3/07: It looks like CNBC misreported their sales data as coming from the NPD Group. It's not clear where CNBC got its data from, but NPD claims it wasn't them. NPD will release its holiday sales data on January 11. Who wants to take bets on how similar it will be to CNBC's?

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony only moved approximately 750,000 units of the PlayStation 3, due to manufacturing problems
    Like what?

due to manufacturing problems and decreased demand
    due to lack of games & expensive price perhaps?

while the Wii is still selling for over twice its retail price
    Without games, from $250USD+tax to around $370USD perhaps?

Kinda distorted, no?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    strange.. i posted a thread very similar to this and it was deleted as it was "too lame"...

If it was nuked then trust it was for a good reason. Any posts the mods decided to delete (even us senior mods) are only soft deleted until one of the admins either puts them back up or perm deletes them.

This isn't a big shocker, the Wii's selling to a open unsaturated market and the 360 has a larger library due to its 1 year head start. Lets see the results next X-Mas lol.

PS3 Square Button

Yeah, I trust you guys know what you're doing. I also noticed i'm not a junior member any more. freakin sweet.

I think the difference in sales mainly has to do with unit production. Wii simply put out more, making it easier for consumers to obtain, as opposed to ps3's frustrating lack of consoles here in north america. Some say initial shortage equals poor product but i tend to disagree, as it varies depending on many variables.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News