Wild West RPG Boot Hill Heroes Available Today on PlayStation Mobile
Experimental Gamer's Dave Welch announced that Wild West RPG Boot Hill Heroes is available today on PlayStation Mobile.
To quote: Experimental Gamer is proud to announce that the Wild West-flavored RPG Boot Hill Heroes is now on PlayStation Mobile. The first game in a three part saga, Boot Hill Heroes has been in development for three years and is finally ready for the PlayStation community.
The premise of the game goes like this; after an alleged attack by the Chepakwik Native American tribe, Bronco County is on the brink of war. Only a farm boy who knows the truth can stop it.
Together with three companions - a gun slinging desperado, a Native American princess, and a Calamity Jane - he must expose a conspiracy by bringing to justice the six outlaws of the notorious Saints-Little Gang.
Imagine those classic RPGs of the 90s (Final Fantasy, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger) but reinvented as a gritty, spaghetti western with vicious outlaws, brave lawmen and the untamed wilderness. It's a journey through cow towns, Native American villages, ranches, mines, prisons, and into the soul of the American Wild West.
But what makes Boot Hill Heroes more than just being a Dragon Quest game based in the Wild West, is its fast-paced, real-time/turn-based hybrid combat. You must stay on your toes, as victory is determined not only by what actions are chosen but when they are executed!
And what RPG could be complete without an epic musical score? We have the terrific and prolific Jake 'virt' Kaufman behind the soundtrack - the genius behind titles like "Shantae," "DuckTales Remastered," "Double Dragon Neon," and too many other masterful soundtracks to name here.
Finally, Boot Hill Heroes is coming to PlayStation Mobile with exclusive content, "The Hangman's Ballad." In this side story, featuring new areas, weapons, and bosses, you must traverse a treacherous mountain pass to track down a blood-thirsty outlaw.
• Talk to people! Not only do conversations with the residents of Bronco County add flavor to the story, but occasionally their words will give you various "perks" that assist you in combat.
• Try out new Vantages as you learn them and consider their effectiveness. Even if a Vantage does not appear useful at first glance, it may be effective in the right situation or when used with other complementary Vantages.
• Anticipate your opponent's attacks by looking for the white line indicator on their power bar. If the indicator is further to the right of the power bar then, the cost is greater, and you can assume the attack is likely to cause more damage. Make sure your characters activate an evasive or blocking stance before the attack is executed to mitigate that damage.
• Likewise, if an opponent is using an evasive or blocking stance, it might be a good idea to wait until the stance wears off and conserve your power. Or else, use a stunning attack to force them to drop the stance immediately.
• Pummeling your enemy with status ailments is often a good strategy. Keep in mind that status ailment-causing vantages will stack with status ailment-causing weapons. For example, using the "Flame Arrow" Vantage with a bow that is already imbued with fire attributes will further increase the chances it will set the enemy ablaze.
• Look around for materials you can pick up in towns and in the wilderness. Materials can be sold for cash to buy better equipment. They can also be used to imbue weapons and armor with various status ailments and properties.
• Winning a challenging battle often comes down to using the right move and the right time. So if a battle becomes too heated, keep in mind you can pause the battle clock at any time and carefully queue up your actions.
Want to know more about the story, mechanics, or cool features of Boot Hill Heroes? Ask me in the comments below! Also you can reach out to me through [Register or Login to view links] or our [Register or Login to view links].
PS Vita owners can download Boot Hill Heroes from the PlayStation Mobile section of PlayStation Store for $7.49; Owners of PlayStation certified devices such as the Sony Xperia Z1S smartphone, HTC One or Sony Xperia Tablet Z, can also get it through the PlayStation Mobile Store.
[Register or Login to view links] for a full list of the certified devices or [Register or Login to view links] for installation instructions.