When Vikings Attack - Ten Tips to Conquer Your Foes on PSN
XDev Associate Producer Neil McPhillips is here with ten tips to conquer your foes on PSN in When Vikings Attack today!
To quote: Hey folks, I'm very pleased to announce that When Vikings Attack! is finally out on PSN today!
It's been a long road for the team getting their first game out on both PS3 and PS Vita at the same time but they've done it without a hitch!
We'd like to take the opportunity now to thank everyone who's taken the time to support us during development, played the game at local events and tweeted nice things about us. We hope you all love the finished product and continue to feed back to us any comments you might have.
Now that it's out, we expect to see many brave citizens battling online, so we've put together our top 10 tips for playing the game. Read them well - they may give you the edge online!
• X to dash and catch - Pressing the X button will make your team perform a speedy dash -- essential for avoiding incoming projectiles. If you're a bit more confident, you can dash into an incoming object and snatch it out of the air to quickly return it your opponent! This is a very useful move in heated battles.
• Dash and Bash - As well as being a defensive move, dash can also be used offensively. See an oncoming car? Dash into your opponent to knock them in its path!
• Remember to spin! - By pressing L1 or R1 (L or R on PS Vita) repeatedly you will spin the object you're holding. When it builds up enough speed, it becomes an unstoppable missile that cannot be caught by your opponent.
• Your team is your health - The more people you have on your team, the more likely you are to survive an attack. Collect as many people as you can to stay alive longer.
• Bigger is not always better - Having a larger team means you have more health but it also means you are a little slower; a team of one has far more speed and can run rings around a huge team of 10.
• Look out for bombs - There are three types of bombs in the game, some explode on impact, some bounce on walls until they hit a player and some steal members of the opposing teams, use these to your advantage when they appear, they can turn the tide of a game in seconds.
• Buff characters - Every-so-often you will see a character run on screen with an icon above their head, be the first to grab them and your whole team will gain a stat boost in either movement speed, strength or throw speed. Hold onto these guys as long as you can.
• Pay attention to your environment - Each level of the game (Vs. and Quest) features some kind of environmental hazard to either avoid or use to your advantage. See a pipe? Throw something down there and it will probably come out somewhere else. Don't be afraid to get close and shunt your opponent off a cliff edge either if you see one.
• Hidden characters - Keep an eye out for some level puzzles; by solving these you will unlock one of the hidden characters in the game. Some are harder than others but all reveal a reward. There's a trophy for collecting them all so pay attention!
• New enemies - In Quest mode the enemies change as you progress, not all can be defeated by tossing a giant pork chop at them though, use your brain and your surroundings to come up with new ways of defeating tough foes.
So there you have it. We hope these tips will help you on your way to online supremacy - or allow you to reign supreme on the couch. When Vikings Attack! is out now on PSN for PS3 and PS Vita as a Cross-Buy game - buy it once, get it on both systems!