Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No... just like UMDGen (for PSP), BRDGen (for PS3) allows you to create new images from files on your PC or edit and save dumped images on your PC. It will not 'dump' your PS3 game images... you will need to use Linux for that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    No... just like UMDGen (for PSP), BRDGen (for PS3) allows you to create new images from files on your PC or edit and save dumped images on your PC. It will not 'dump' your PS3 game images... you will need to use Linux for that.
    is there a tutorial for this?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    At the moment no... it's essentially the same as using UMDGen for PSP images, so (for now) it may help to check out the older UMDGen Tutorials HERE. If you do get stuck and have a specific question, just post it here and we will do our best to help ya out!

this isn't my area of expertise but i was wondering - if the program can make perfect 1:1 copies - why can't an unmodded ps3 run them? sure they have copy protection but isn't that copied with it?

i have an old copy of max payne that is a perfect copy, no hacks required, updates work, the lot as far as it knows it's real (i think it was made with cloneCD) - is it possible that it's just a burning method we need to implement? like using cloneCD - the blu-ray ps3 edition (doesn't exist - just an example?)

anyway, just thinking out loud...

Duff Man

UMDGen himself may reply more detail, but basically no.. you can't copy (dump/burn) the protected sectors as commercial drives can't read/burn them. UMDGen and BRDGen substitute their own data for these (0-15) sectors when rebuilding images.

hi,

i got a ps3 game the size is 3.7 gb (iso file) and i are wondering can i burn it on brdgen i want to burn it into a dvd cd.. can somebody plz help me how to burn it and play it on the ps3?

BRDGen isn't burning software, it is only software for rebuilding PS3 image files that are dumped into new .iso image files. Once built in BRDGen, then you would have to burn it with regular CD/DVD burning software (Nero, etc). At this time you can't play PS3 back-ups yet so you probably will want to wait anyway.

Not to load PS3 back-ups... that only works for PS1/PS2 back-ups (on a PS3) as far as I know since they have less protection.

sry if i wrong but i only make sure that: if i have a p3game on my pc i use brdgen do make it bluray and burn it on image file and if i have linux on my ps3 i can run it?

If you already dumped a PS3 game via Linux or SAK, then BRDGen will allow you to modify and rebuild the image. There is no way to 'play' or 'run' the images at this time though.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News