Today PlayStation 3 developer cotojestwtf has made available http://webemunes.comli.com/ for the PS3 entertainment system, which is Web-based Nintendo emulator application (similar to https://github.com/bfirsh/jsnes/) and works on all PlayStation 3 consoles including those not JailBroken or running PS3 Custom Firmware.
To quote: ABOUT
WEN is a first Web-Homebrew for PlayStation 3, you can play now a NES games. No need a Jailbreak or CFW, just a Web!. Works on any Firmware. This is still beta so you can cause low fps, or hangs a webbrowser. Ohh.. and this version not support yet Dualshock/SixAxis only Keyboard.
Now WEN support only 3 games, but don't worry i will add new on free time.
26.3.12 - public beta
Public beta tests started!
- improve a framerate, because now its crappy.
- add a compatibility a dualshock/sixaxis.
- add function to choose game from pendrive.
- fix hangs webbrowser.
- 0.1beta - public beta
- build17 - added a papu functions.
- build13 - added a sound script.
- build9 - improve mappers, cpu, ui and ppu functions.
- build8 - changed ui functions, added ppu functions, added some mappers functions.
- build5 - added cpu functions, improve a nes script.
- build2 - emulate a keyboard.
- build1 - initial release.
Button Player 1 Player 2
- Left Left Num-4
- Right Right Num-6
- Up Up Num-8
- Down Down Num-2
- A X Num-7
- B Z Num-9
- Start Enter Num-1
- Select Ctrl Num-3
More PlayStation 3 News...