Dylan Jobe (Game Director, Warhawk) posted the following today:
Ok... so last week I posted about our v1.1 patch which mainly dealt with core stats and connection issues. Today, I'd like to let all of you know what's included in the v1.2 patch that is being tested right now.
Patch v1.2 addresses some main requests that our community has made as well as fixes the primary exploits and glitches... and adds some new layouts!
Patch v1.2 includes:
* 5 New layouts.
* Clan game server option.
* Buddy slot reservations.
* Integrated Warhawk Store.
* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.
* Internal stat padder protection.
* Booster Pack status display at join game list.
* DualShock3 integration.
* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
* Added new server full/open filter.
* Fall damage exploit fixed.
* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.
* Auto-kick of idle players.
* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.
There are a couple of items on this list that probably need a bit more clarification:
The new clan-game server option lets you set 2 clan names, one for the Eucadian team and one for the Chernovan team. Then, when you launch the game, the server will auto-sort the clans on the correct teams. The server will also only allow members of those 2 clans to connect. Clan games are also displayed in a different color at the join game list.
Buddy slot reservations allow you to specify a number of player slots on the server that *only* players in your PSN buddy list can join. So go ahead and kick up a game and you can always make sure that you friends can jump in with you and get their Warhawk on!
We also fixed what a lot of players refer to as the "tank" glitch. This actually could happen to turrets and Warhawks too. It is an annoying exploit and we're happy to have it fixed - I'm sure all of you will be too!
We enabled DualShock3 functionality in the V1.2 patch too ... maybe you all have heard something about this or read about it on the internet? Ha Ha
The Warhawk Store is also going to be enabled in v1.2. This allows players to purchase Warhawk content, Booster Packs, etc from within Warhawk, rather than going through the XMB and then to the store - this is mainly for convenience.
And of course some new layouts - as you've seen from the images scattered throughout this post!
We have found that while a lot of players like playing the really large games, there was a pretty big segment that was playing smaller games. With that trend, we wanted to rig some new layouts that are more geared for smaller games; 4 to 8 players. The new layouts are:
* Eucadia: High City
* Island Outpost: Standoff
* The Badlands: South City
* Destroyed Capitol: Garden Showdown
* Archipelago: Close Corridors
So there you have it. The update list for patch v1.2 that is currently being tested right now and we are tracking an early to mid December global release.
And of course I can't end this post without mentioning the Booster Pack. So there, I said it..."Booster Pack" LOLOLOL
No seriously ... my next post in just a few days will give you all a glimpse of an internal gameplay session we had with the Booster Pack. It's just a glimpse because as I've said before, our top priority has been on the v1.1 and v1.2 updates.