Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Warhawk PSN Confirmed for $39.99

Sponsored Links
    Headset or no headset? That is the question.

Answering our own question from earlier this week, Sony Computer Entertainment America today announced the pricing for the downloadable version of Warhawk on the PlayStation Network: $39.99. The retail version with a bundled headset remains $59.99.

"Each one has a different price. Why different pricing? A couple of reasons: first off, we wanted to give all of you the option, the retail game is more of a premium version with some expanded video content, traditional package and manual (this seems to mean a lot with some of the gamers I have spoken to), and a Jabra Bluetooth headset bundled with the game - all for $59.99!" said Game Director Dylan Jobe on the PlayStation Blog. "The PlayStation Store version will be $39.99 and I'm really glad that SCEA came through with a "good value" price for this - it's the right thing to do."

Nonetheless, when we asked you to vote on how much you'd pay for Warhawk over PSN, not many voted for $40 -- in fact, only 15% of the nearly 5,000 votes cast said that's the most they'd pay. Despite $20 being an option, forking over $30 ended up the most popular option amongst gamers, garnering a whopping 45% of the poll results.

Which one will you buy?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looks like a great value for the $59.99 retail copy. You get a Jabra BT125 headset which retails from $39.99 up to as high as $55.99 on newegg.com

The game itself looks good, but the real value itself is in the headset. That headset will come in handy on down the line for games that support voice communication for sure.

A must buy in my book!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sure, it's a good deal if you want the headset. Although for those of us not wanting it, myself included, $40 seems a bit steep for a multiplayer-only game. I played a little of the demo and wasn't head over heels for the game anyway, so I'm going to pass.

I bought that crappy game tekken for 20$, so 40 $ for warhawk... That's big deal!

Quote Originally Posted by boogernose View Post
    I played a little of the demo and wasn't head over heels for the game anyway, so I'm going to pass.
    That's interesting... after playing the beta I was hooked. For me this seemed like one of the best PS3 games to date.

$40 seems like a steal. I'd probably have paid up to $80, so I'll likely snag the retail copy when it hits the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    That's interesting... after playing the beta I was hooked. For me this seemed like one of the best PS3 games to date.

$40 seems like a steal. I'd probably have paid up to $80, so I'll likely snag the retail copy when it hits the shelves.
    It seems that most people that played the beta share your opinion on the game. I don't know why it didn't hit me as a great game. Something about it just felt cheap. I can't quite pinpoint it.

But as far as the pricing of the downloadable game is concerned, I still think it should be less. A game on the PSN network doesn't cost anything to package for sale. They'd still make a nice fortune by charging half the price for the PSN version.

the us game have the italian language or the subtitles?

thanks fede

That's a good price for me, an extra $20.00 includes a BT ear piece. When I'm not playing WarHawk I could use it for my iPhone. I always wanted to get a BT headset, but never really had the urge to get one.

Meh $40 = 40 which means it's too expensive for a downloadable title.. The retail pack however is a good price.

Warhawk PSN Confirmed for $39.99

Answering [Register or Login to view links] from earlier this week, Sony Computer Entertainment America today announced the pricing for the downloadable version of [Register or Login to view links] on the PlayStation Network: $39.99. The retail version with a bundled headset remains $59.99.

"Each one has a different price. Why different pricing? A couple of reasons: first off, we wanted to give all of you the option, the retail game is more of a premium version with some expanded video content, traditional package and manual (this seems to mean a lot with some of the gamers I have spoken to), and a Jabra Bluetooth headset bundled with the game - all for $59.99!" said Game Director Dylan Jobe on the [Register or Login to view links]. "The PlayStation Store version will be $39.99 and I'm really glad that SCEA came through with a "good value" price for this - it's the right thing to do."

Nonetheless, when we asked you to vote on how much you'd pay for Warhawk over PSN, not many voted for $40 -- in fact, only 15% of the nearly 5,000 votes cast said that's the most they'd pay. Despite $20 being an option, forking over $30 ended up the most popular option amongst gamers, garnering a whopping 45% of the poll results.

Which one will you buy?

Thanks to [Register or Login to view links] for sharing the news with us!

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News