Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Videos: Sony's Voice Recognition, Image Enlargement in PS3 SDK

Sponsored Links
    Sony has been working on distributing a number of new technologies, already available in some PS3 programs.

The first is voice recognition software, employed by SingStar, that allows the PS3 to quickly recognize up to 20 different languages.

Another technology developed by Sony allows the PS3 and PSP to quickly zoom in on massive images.

Already used in a Japanese release calendar program (available for free from the Japanese PlayStation Store), this technology streams massive amounts of visual data - including video - quickly and scales it appropriately.

To quote: "In SingStar, players are able to quickly go through the song library by simply calling out various commands or speaking the names of artists and songs.

While the technology is currently exclusive to Sony, a report by Dig Info reveals that the company plans on making it available to all PS3 developers in future iterations of the console's software development kit.

Like the SingStar voice recognition tools, this tech will be available for developers in an upcoming SDK update. We're not exactly sure how games will be able to take advantage of this, but it certainly looks impressive."

Check out videos below!

Videos: Sony's Voice Recognition, Image Enlargement in PS3 SDK

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It looks good. I don't know whether there will be any practical use of it in other games other than singstar. Because in singstar we sing and we use our voice alot while in other games we use our mind and hands a lot.

If there was a mind reading add-on that would have been better.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    i wonder if they could use this tech in games for super high resolution textures..

This is great. I hope devs are creative with it. I would love being able to access this much information by simply zooming in and out instead having to screw around with a web browser or text interface.

Well..

All I can say is that I hope speech recognition has still a long way to go.

wow, this is going to be so kool. plus those magic wand type sticks are going to be released they are going to steal the wii's thunder. also the 360 has a good little project goin on, project natal in some ways it look heaps better than the ps3 one because there is no need for a controller of any type.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News