Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Videos: Record of Agarest War for PS3 Arrives on PSN This Week

Sponsored Links
    Recently we reported that Record of Agarest War for PlayStation 3 requires nearly 10GB of PS3 HDD space to install, and today the title's Localization Editor Ben Bateman has shared some videos of the upcoming title in action.

To quote: I have come here today to talk to you about that very game, which is coming to the PlayStation Store this Thursday, April 29.

You may have had a chance to peruse some of our marketing materials regarding Agarest. You haven't? Oh my. Well, in polite company, I would say that they play up the relationship aspect of the game.

To elaborate somewhat, Agarest gives you, the PS3 player, the reasonably unique experience of playing through five generations of fathers and sons.

Your in-game decisions - tactical, moral, and romantic - will determine the abilities and strengths of your offspring, which characters will join your party, and ultimately, the very fate of your world!

But perhaps a dating sim (and genetic simulator) doesn't tickle your fancy. As a strategy role-playing game, Agarest is, in many ways, defined by its battle system. I could use all sorts of large, important words-words like "nuance", or "multifaceted", or "ham"-to explain its intricacies to you, but this is the Age of Information, and that means videos!

Everyone likes videos. We have included one, in which an incredibly handsome and shockingly intelligent narrator explains some of Agarest's basic battle concepts to you. Give it a watch!

Of course, even with a flawless strategy, you may find the game difficult-especially if you are insane enough to play on "Hard." Fortunately, we have sought to alleviate such woes, and will be giving out a number of free DLC packages in the weeks following release.

Free to everyone on the PlayStation Network, these tiny nuggets of digital joy will bring you everything from special weapons and armor, to items that improve your stats and abilities, to that most indispensible category of loot: restorative items. There will be DLC you can buy too, of course, but these ones are free!

So there you have it! Record of Agarest War has something for everyone, whether you're looking for a dating sim, a complex strategy-RPG, or hours upon hours of epic fantasy and political intrigue...or all of those things.

Agarest will appear, in a burst of white light, on the PlayStation Network on April 29th. Be there, or be utterly unfulfilled for the rest of your life.

Videos: Record of Agarest War for PS3 Arrives on PSN This Week

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yea, i'm probably going to get flamed for this, but am I the only one who's not very impressed?

Let me say, for the record, I love strategy rpg's. Final Fantasy Tactics, Ogre Battle, Disgaea, Soul Nomad, (just about any NIS game), Vandal Hearts, etc., are all games I love and have spent many, many hours playing.

But from the looks of the vids, it seems like this game isn't very interesting. And what's worse, is the 10gb it's going to need on the hdd.

My first impression with the graphics is that it seems very lacking. I'll be the first person to say that graphics aren't everything, but just looking at the videos, Disgaea looks better than this, and the first two were on the PS2 and didn't even use all of the dvd space. So what's all the 10gb going for? FMV?

The battle system seems very rudimentary as well. While it's nice to see the glowing lines connecting players within range, the actual combat executions seemed like cheap knock-offs of (yes, using it again) Disgaea's battle animations.

I recently played and beat Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement off the psn, and it looked way better than this game and it was only 581mb. I do understand there's going to be some branching due to 'dating', but I just can't seem to wrap my head around why this game would be so large?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I also love these kinds of games, I would actually love to play this. However, for a 3 year old game and download only I'll be damned if I'm paying the asking $45 for it.

50% price cut = sold.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News