Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Videos: PS3 Slim Loads Games & Movies Faster on Firmware 3.0

Sponsored Links
    In videos from last weekend, we learned that the PS3 fat boots itself faster than the PS3 Slim, but the Slim had the edge when it came to loading games.

Now with new PS3 Firmware 3.0, the PS3 Slim loads games even faster... up to 25% faster according to [Register or Login to view links] on a Devil May Cry 4 installation.

YouTube user PS3slimComparison did a PS3 Slim Firmware 2.80 vs 3.00 Uncharted 1 level load comparison, with the same settings on both consoles and same 7200RPM hard drive installed on each.

To quote: "In this demonstration, conducted by the same source as the original testing, we see the PS3 Slim (Firmware 2.8) load Uncharted: Drake's Fortune against the PS3 Slim (Firmware 3.0).

The difference is considerable (you know, for adjustments to software alone), and we don't see why most other games wouldn't encounter similar loading improvements."

Finally, in the second video (below) it appears Blu-ray movies also load faster on PS3 Slim Firmware 3.0 versus 2.8 from startup. Cheers!

Videos: PS3 Slim Loads Games & Movies Faster on Firmware 3.0

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool, 25% is a huge speed boost. Maybe the 3.0 update had problems here and there but it gave the Slim good results. Those with the PS3 slim will be happy. Im cool with old 80GB Motorstorm PS3 lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    meh since i heard that 3.0 = native or whatever for slim i expected it...

I kinda find it dumb actually, hopefully this doesnt make sony go and developing the firmwares specifically for the slim now.

Don't want to be left in the dust with a console that isnt "fast" anymore because of firmware that doesn't give attention to the old phat consoles .

Not bad for the speed of PS3 Slim Loads but how about the big ps3?

Also it will be better if they can fix the uncharted freezing problem..

yea i'm sick of downloading updates a few weeks later nearly every release. why can't they add smaller update patches of like 6megs. i'm over it

The faster loading times would just make sense, I mean the cell that powers the PS3 Slim is more powerful then the cell found in the PS3 Phat.

A couple of seconds here and there don't make a difference to me, if it speeds up install time by a matter of minutes, then i might care a little bit, but i dont mind waiting a little bit for a game to start... that's what tv's for

Quote Originally Posted by MoO9820 View Post
    I kinda find it dumb actually, hopefully this doesnt make sony go and developing the firmwares specifically for the slim now.

Don't want to be left in the dust with a console that isnt "fast" anymore because of firmware that doesn't give attention to the old phat consoles .
    I dont think they will add Slim Exclusive updates. here is not much difference internally from the slim to the regular one.

If they do add exclusives, then it would seriously hurt their game base people who have the regular ps3 and such.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News