Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

My old babe

Sponsored Links
    hmmmm... old PS3... old firmware... and.... Iīm happy at this point.

OK... Motorstorm loadingtime sucks... anyway I donīt want to swap my old babe.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I swear a while ago naughty dog said sony freed up some extra memory with one of their firmwares. Maybe this is what they were talking about? It would explain the faster loading...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so basicly your trying to say the older one is better?

Quote Originally Posted by mike21clio View Post
    so basicly your trying to say the older one is better?
    Well the older models did have otherOS, some had Backwards capability, shinier, but had a pretty high price tag.

Now the slim has everything the Regular one has Except OtherOS, and costs 299...

the regular has its advantages but the slim is also cool. so they are both good

I Think Both Ps3's are great.. its up to you to choose which one to buy if u like glossy and shiny stuff get the old one and prefer slim better looking ps3 the get the slim both kinda have the same specs.

Either one is great IMO.

The reduced power consumption figures is enough to justify the lack of an "OtherOS" function. Although, I don't really understand why they had to take that out. Obviously for cost-cutting but I don't see the PS3 requiring additional hardware for the "OtherOS" option unless it was a license issue, which I'd be suspicious of since Linux is free, isn't it?

what i wanna know is why they removed the "PlayStation 3" bit

when you start the game up?! i love that little sound

Quote Originally Posted by Chivafighter View Post
    Well the older models did have otherOS, some had Backwards capability, shinier, but had a pretty high price tag.

Now the slim has everything the Regular one has Except OtherOS, and costs 299...
    it cost also 99€ if you give them back your old ps3.

Eh...

Quote Originally Posted by dondolo View Post
    it cost also 99€ if you give them back your old ps3
    oh really? where at?

But why spend the 99€ if you already have one that works perfectly? just cause its slim?

For those who dont have a ps3, go buy the slim we always love more good respectable people on the PSN.

and for those who have the regular PS3, then good, your not missing out on anything on the slim, just power consumption, its slim, and slightly faster loading times, but i dont mind waiting. we do live in a world where we must wait (even if you are rich).

Quote Originally Posted by Chivafighter View Post
    and for those who have the regular PS3, then good, your not missing out on anything on the slim, just power consumption, its slim, and slightly faster loading times, but i dont mind waiting. we do live in a world where we must wait (even if you are rich).
    Well, supposing that someone were to leave their PS3 on constantly -- folding@home or something -- the power savings could probably make up that price difference fairly quickly.

I remember reading an article on Wired that said a ps3 left just on idle (no games, anything) would cost over $200 a year to run. So if the slim really does use half the electricity or whatever, it might be a decent savings in a year or two if you leave your system on non-stop.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News