Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by riezo View Post
    The faster loading times would just make sense, I mean the cell that powers the PS3 Slim is more powerful then the cell found in the PS3 Phat.
    It depends on the drive and architecture of the system, a slight faster CPU wouldnt make a such a difference. And Slim has a more powerful CPU than ´phat´? That just sounds stupid, why would they do it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by dibdo View Post
    It depends on the drive and architecture of the system, a slight faster CPU wouldnt make a such a difference. And Slim has a more powerful CPU than ´phat´? That just sounds stupid, why would they do it.
    Exactly, the cell is the Same as the Regular PS3 just smaller. no increase of power.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't see myself getting the slim PS3. I like the Digital Media center on my 80GB Motorstorm PS3 too much. It makes it so much easier to transfer photos, videos, music, and updates to the PS3.

The faster loading times are very nice, but I agree with broy4686 faster install times would be an even bigger plus rather than loading time. Even still, the Slim PS3 not having the Digital Media Center (although there are fat PS3s without the DMC) is a big turn off for me. My grandma's PS3 (my grandma is hardcore like that) doesn't have the DMC that my PS3 has and it's a pain in the ass using the USBs to transfer stuff to from say a Digital camera or micro sd card.

Also I noticed that the Slim PS3 has two fewer usb ports than mine has. My PS3 has 4 usb ports! Making it much easier to charge four controllers than say a ps3 with only 2 usbs.

Although... the slimline is supposed to weigh a LOT less than the original, and that might change my mind, but still fewer usbs, no DMC, and the hard drive being in front kinda still bug me. As for the textured non fingerprint showing surface, I can just buy a PS3 skin and not have to deal with that (most skins only being around $14.99 very cheap).

Wouldn't be surprised if they actually stuffed a bit more RAM in there.. they did something similar with the psp so don't be suprised if it comes out that there is 512mb of ram in the slim.

I think the faster loading times are very nice, but they are no reason for buying a ps3 slim if you already got a ps3 phat.
    If Sony wants people to buy a ps3 slim they got to make something, what makes really a huge difference between the two PS3s.

i traded in my ps3 phat for the ps3 slim and have no complaints so far..

i hate when companies release inferior products, hopefully they won't stop producing the phat, giving consumers an option between size & quality.

Good news, but makes no big difference actually. Well to me at least, the phat is good for me so the slim won't be all that great for me.

it's looking good.

I really doubt this test, because the phat is better build and previews tests showed that's the phat is faster...so i don't really think sony enhanced the slim with fw3.0...

Quote Originally Posted by riezo View Post
    The faster loading times would just make sense, I mean the cell that powers the PS3 Slim is more powerful then the cell found in the PS3 Phat.
    that was never confirmed

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News