Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos: PS3 Motion Controller on Resident Evil 5 & LittleBigPlanet

Yesterday at Tokyo Game Show 2009 Sony revealed the redesigned PS3 motion controller and launch titles, and today some video footage is available (below) of the wand being used for Resident Evil 5 and LittleBigPlanet.

The captions for each video are below, roughly translated as follows:

Over at the Tokyo Game Show, the presenters showed off Resident Evil 5 with the new motion sensing controller coming up for the PS3 - the 'wand'.

Fresh from the Tokyo Game Show, a video of LittleBigPlanet working with the upcoming PS3 wand has been show off.

Check out the videos below!

Videos: PS3 Motion Controller on Resident Evil 5 & LittleBigPlanet

More PlayStation 3 News...

Banned User

Anyone else think that that round thingy on the end is more Wii than PS3? Looks like a bubblegum-lightbulb and I don't think it matches the sleek and smooth piano-look of the PS3.

That is awesome

I will definitely buy one of of these. The technology these days are awesome. Hopefully no one goes on and rant that Sony Copied the Wii mote and such.

Banned User
    I'm sure Wii fanboys will make some noise but it won't mean anything. When a company innovates, other companies will find ways around patents to use the same tech or similar in their own devices.. it's just the way the tech biz is.

Example? Microsoft invented force-feedback with the Sidewinder joystick ages ago. Nintendo first implemented analog control on a gamepad. It didn't matter that Sony copied both these features iinto the Dual-Shock or that Nintendo used a force-feedback 'rumble' feature, or that Microsoft used analog control on the xbox gamepad.

Banned User

Stupid WAND design

Although I'm really excited about the whole motion controller from sony I feel it's one of the most uninspired designs out there. Also there is quite some design flaw that is easily seen in the video:

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HOLD THE DUALSHOCK in ONE HAND and in the othe hold THE WAND?!?!? HOW STUPID IS THAT?!?!?

I would prefer a design more on the dualshock side... LET ME EXPLAIN:

The wand should be like half of the DUALSHOCK including:
    1. Analog stick.
    2. 2 triggers (R1-2)
    3. 4 Buttons (Circle, Square, Triangle and X) - or digital D-PAD if it's held in the left hand (Buttons have different functions depending on the hand it's holding the wand)
    4 START - SELECT buttons!

Why would a design like this would be better?? WELL:
    1. because you could actually play ALL games with 2 wands (emulating a split-up DUALSHOCK controller)
    2. Including an analog stick there could mean the first 1st Person Shooter motion controlled device that actually works as expected with only 1 WAND!

PLEASE post your comments below... I'm actually gonna make some designs on my idea, and hopefully SONY would get it and not release it like it is now... It's just plain stupid for games like RE5 or shooters or actually any hardcore game!
    Last edited by mihaiolimpiu; 09-26-2009 at 06:03 AM

i think its better with sixaxis than dualshock and a wand!

Banned User
    I actually tend to agree with you but that it's not the idea! What they are trying to do is reach a totally new audience with this motion controller and as I see it now it's designed for WIIMOTE like games only!!!

Remember boys and girls that even the Wii has a auxiliary NUNCHUCK that needs to be plugged in for actually playing games not only Wii SPORTS!

Bayonetta running on ps3

LBP is an awesome game but with the ps3 motion controller it will get much better!! but not fun if you're single hehe

oh and you guys need to check this game out.. it was on TGS 09!

Banned User

New design

This is what I came up with...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu View Post
    This is what I came up with...
    Whenever I see silver it reminds me of that "boomerang" PS3 concept controller... yours looks decent, would like to see it in black though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast