Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

hmmm

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu View Post
    YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HOLD THE DUALSHOCK in ONE HAND and in the othe hold THE WAND?!?!? HOW STUPID IS THAT?!?!?

I would prefer a design more on the dualshock side... LET ME EXPLAIN:

The wand should be like half of the DUALSHOCK including:
    1. Analog stick.
    2. 2 triggers (R1-2)
    3. 4 Buttons (Circle, Square, Triangle and X) - or digital D-PAD if it's held in the left hand (Buttons have different functions depending on the hand it's holding the wand)
    4 START - SELECT buttons!
    i don't like the grip at moment with just 1 controller..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hi i'm really a big fan of the PS3 but i'm sorry i'm really not liking what i see!!!

for me this playstation motion controller is in no way a breakthrough it really does feel like a direct rip off of the wiimote even if it's more accurate.. and holding the dual shock in one hand?! that's stupid! and if they do a nunchuk it will be worse.

for me i'm sorry but natal is way way more innovative and you can still hold a controller with natal! i really do think that sony is totally lost right now not able of defining a precise strategy for the futur, please bring back kutaragi!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The controller already has a few buttons, they showed what they showed only because they don't want to give out the design, which buttons are available, etc... but in theory, you could do a lot of things with the controller itself... also, they said they'd like people to be able to play games with one controller, but having two is better.. i think you could play LBP with two motion controllers instead of a dual shock + MC... I'm not really sure though...

but either way, the worst case I think is that you'd use the dualshock for the left analog stick, and the motion controller for the right side (face buttons, and motion for replacing the right stick), so you won't need to hold the dualshock with two hands anyway.. but yeah, that would still suck..

@agoudeau, it's not a ripoff of the wii, go have a look at the first eyepet stuff, Sony had this motion controller thing as well as using the camera to detect gestures (what natal does) back in the days of the PS2 before the wii was even invented and before project natal was a thought...
    They just took longer than Nintendo to make it into a product, but they took that long because they want to do it right..

also, with project natal, I have no idea on how their camera would detect WHAT exactly you're pointing at and what you're trying to grab and how you'd grab it if you have no controller in your hands... makes no sense!

What you have to remember is that sony said most games call for two motion controllers. Now whose to say that the resident evil video just wasnt showing one aspects of the controller. Sony showed us the early stage of being able to aim and shoot with the one controller. Just for tech purposes. Later they can impliment it in to the full game to where you can use the second motion controller to turn side to side and look up and down.

All you would have to do is hold the main button to walk and then tilt the controller in the desired direction. This would ultimately give you full control over the character. I htink sony just wanted to show the precision of the aiming and shootin so they only focused on that for this demo. Just a thought from me is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by agoudeau View Post
    hi i'm really a big fan of the PS3 but i'm sorry i'm really not liking what i see!!!

for me this playstation motion controller is in no way a breakthrough it really does feel like a direct rip off of the wiimote even if it's more accurate.. and holding the dual shock in one hand?! that's stupid! and if they do a nunchuk it will be worse.

for me i'm sorry but natal is way way more innovative and you can still hold a controller with natal! i really do think that sony is totally lost right now not able of defining a precise strategy for the futur, please bring back kutaragi!!!
    How can you say natal is more innovative? More updated maybe. There not really any different. Take natal being able to use your body to play games. The ps eye did that on ps2 where you hit balls or drums ect. Or the video where the girl wrote on paper and the boy read it and made something out of it.

The eye has that its called EYEPET and that will be released before natal and was shown before natal. In it the pet follows your hands makes what you draw and responds to your commands. So sony is the first to do it. What natal has is a more extensive and updated version in my opinion. Its funny how sony is ripping off the wii but microsoft is innovative go figure.
    Last edited by Caveman007; 09-27-2009 at 08:40 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by akuma7703 View Post
    Anyone else think that that round thingy on the end is more Wii than PS3? Looks like a bubblegum-lightbulb and I don't think it matches the sleek and smooth piano-look of the PS3.
    And again.. why do you nag and brag about the looks when it comes to terms like how is the technical side, is it wortking correctly and smooth.. if its handy and you could use it without rampaging your hands after 1 hour of play then its great.

Others could say it will look great for them because its black and glowing differently in the dark and that would look nice... i guess thats just a thing of likes/dislikes and shouldnt be mentioned because its a controler and if it works great it shouldnt be that important how it looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu View Post
    I actually tend to agree with you but that it's not the idea! What they are trying to do is reach a totally new audience with this motion controller and as I see it now it's designed for WIIMOTE like games only!!! Remember boys and girls that even the Wii has a auxiliary NUNCHUCK that needs to be plugged in for actually playing games not only Wii SPORTS!
    How quick some people jumpt to conclusions that are so obvisously wrong. How could you say its build to make the way for wii-like games when you just seen 2 i say it again TWO games that just gut an little upgrade..and that in such short time.They wanted as mentioned before something to show off naturally..what do you think that they will do a full brand new game in such short times using every aspect that such a controller gives us ?

Come on be a little more down to earth... they proven now it works and they proven that they even can IMPLEMENT that in games you allready got at home soooo why brag instead of saying oh hey i could improve my games that i allready own..what a NICE GESTURE instead of allready dooming such things without knowledge of what other games and utils are in the works that got build just for that controller instead of enhancing the gamingexperience in allready stored products !
    Quote Originally Posted by agoudeau View Post
    hi i'm really a big fan of the PS3 but i'm sorry i'm really not liking what i see!!! for me this playstation motion controller is in no way a breakthrough it really does feel like a direct rip off of the wiimote even if it's more accurate.. and holding the dual shock in one hand?! that's stupid! and if they do a nunchuk it will be worse. for me i'm sorry but natal is way way more innovative and you can still hold a controller with natal! i really do think that sony is totally lost right now not able of defining a precise strategy for the futur, please bring back kutaragi!!!
    So first of all... the WII mote could be decribed a rip of of the ps2 eyetoy if you state it like that..cause one technology builds on the other in way of thinking and improving.

But ... WII and The Wand are different technologies just giving the same effect for the user.WII is infrared and sensors so in my eyes not a real motiontracking system because it just calculates from the signals it gets... PS3`s the Wand uses a cam so its really tracking motion because it "see`s" (at least thats how i perceive it) So please all stop bout that always anyoing..they stole it from them and they stole it from us... guys its technology....one company has to be the first other follow with abstractions and/or better products because of watching the first one closely ! (and thats good for YOU the customer but that is something most of you dont seem to grasp).

Who said that in the final version you need the ps3 controler and the wand ? As mentioned it was to show off that it works..and that it can be implemented in existing games.Do you really think they would do a brand new wand only resident evil or little big planet in few weeks ??

That is just a demonstration that it works not more.And its a nice upgrade if you own the games allready.. Natal isnt that innovative as some guys mentioned.In your words its a rip off of eyetoy nothing more. So you brag about holding a normal ps3 controler and the wand...but you announce that you can hold a controler even when using natal that is made only for bodymovements if im right ?Isnt that a joke right now ?

If i use your way of thoughts then wouldnt it look damn stoopid holding a controler while using natal...waving hands jumping around..kicking or whatever and at the same time flip your controler and use the buttons and so on ?... see if i want to i could make it sound like natal is a horrible idea... but without even testing it with actual games i cant... same goes for the wand and the almost funny ways of describing its demise without any good facts and just with personal likes/dislikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    And again..why do you nag and brag about the looks when it comes to terms like how is the technical side, is it wortking correctly and smooth..
    I couldnt agree with you more. I hate how people judge antything sony does before giving them a chance. This looks really intersting and fun to me. I hope all goes well and have faith it will. People blame sony for ripping off but all there doing is trying to bring every apect of gaming to their fans. Trying to make gaming more fun. Which I think is awesome.

I personally have no problem with the controller. I think it will make the game seem more real if you have red for fire like a torch or yellow for a flashlight. But mostly what you said about how the controller performs is the most important. If its perfect and fun to use I dont care what it looks like. I mean come on who sits their and stares at their controller while playing a game, no one.

As far as the design goes, I can understand it has a lot of utility - in terms of what it can do. But the emotional aesthetics of the device aren't winning me over right now. I'm willing to give it a shot, but my gut tells me things are not looking good in terms of public reaction (near to none).

Maybe I haven't heard the hype machine on these babies, but I hope Sony comes out with an advertising blitz for it - and more unique games that take specific advantage of the device.

Oh and Resident Evil 5. After seeing video of the mansion sequence, that definitely gets me pumped up. But please almighty - it has to be DLC for us non-wand users.

Banned User

Just try to discuss...

I started the whole design discussion because in my point of view, the current design is not made for hard core gamers and with one subtle change it could very well be!

Please keep on track...

@PS3 News: Of course it reminds you of the Boomerang Controller, I modified part of a image of that controller to get my "IMPROVED?!?!" design!

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News