Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: Uncharted 3 PS3 Behind The Scenes: Motion Capture

Sponsored Links
    SCEE Manager James Gallagher has made available a video today showcasing the motion capture technology utilized in Uncharted 3 PS3 behind the scenes.

To quote: I don't need to remind you that the release of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is less than a week away and you may have seen that the reviews are rolling in, including perfect scores from IGN, PlayStation Official Magazine UK, Destructoid, The Guardian and more.

These critics have all highlighted narrative and, in particular, the actors' performances as particular strengths.

It's unusual, when you think about it, to be talking about performances in the context of a game, but it's that marriage of technology and human acting, along with a great script and a skilled team of animators, that brings Drake, Sully and co. to life in such a believable way.

While we were in Jordan a few weeks ago - you may have seen our Treasure Hunt video here on the blog - we spoke with Nolan North and Emily Rose, the actors behind Nathan Drake and Elena Fisher, as well as Taylor Kurosaki and Arne Meyer from [Register or Login to view links], about how this performance capture process works.

Update: This week, we’re looking at how the Uncharted games use historical events as jumping off points into the story, whether its Sir Francis Drake’s circumnavigation of the globe or T.E. Lawrence’s research into the Crusades as a teenager.

We'll have more behind the scenes videos for you in the run-up to the release of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Video: Uncharted 3 PS3 Behind The Scenes: Motion Capture

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    They have certainly put in a lot of work into this game, when playing Uncharted it's as if you're watching a movie at the same time. Props to Naughty dog, they've done a good job with the Uncharted games, now if only they had the rights to Crash Bandicoot so they can make another Crash game.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 10-27-2011 at 05:07 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I like that guy's curved-up mustache.

I can't wait to get this game.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I never understood why they gave up the crash series...

thank god i got my second ps3 to play uncharted 3 and some other new games
    Last edited by HieiYYH; 10-27-2011 at 08:41 PM Reason: nothing

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News