Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video: Uncharted 2 PS3 Visuals Blows Away All Competition

After watching the 5 min gameplay of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, I have been left speechless.

I hear this is a common symptom with most PS3 exclusives of late, but this has taken it too far, the game looks incredible, so incredible... nothing else on consoles matches it.

The detail in the character models, faces, environments, explosions, lighting and animations are absolutely fantastic, I have to give special recognition to just how crisp the textures of this game look, I think the secret to the uniquely crisp textures are the fact that they are hand-painted!

For those of you that haven't seen it, you need to watch this footage, it's stunning in every sense of the word, and if this is the level of visual fidelity we can come to expect from every level in the game, I can't wait to see gameplay of some snowy areas.

From loads of insider sources I'm in contact with, they are stating that Nathan Drakes character model alone contains more detail than in some other games environments. various shaders have been applied to his body, and an even more improved expression engine has been used to craft characters organic facial expressions with great care.

No other game comes close to the level of perfection in this games visuals, the character models look fantastic and environmental detail is out of this world, Gears who? It's Uncharted all the way baby!

More PlayStation 3 News...

you are right about the textures... and shaders the thing is that the map size doesn't look that Big i mean the draw distance... comparing it with Kz2, and i also think that kz2 have some of the best Lighting, Shadows, Particle effects like dust, sparkles when the bullets hit the metal and also very good physics...

But Uncharted 2 will be my Must buy for this 2009 cuz the first was and still is very fun to play.

I cant wait for this game

Maybe its just the quality of the video but I still think Killzone 2 is the benchmark for all PS3 games, but that doesn't really matter to me because I know it'll be just as good or better than the first one. The game looks absolutely stunning and will definately be a must buy this year!

I'm not surprised that this game looks so good. After all it΄s people from Naughty Dog that also helped with the Killzone 2 visuals.
    PS3 exclusives ftw!

Lightbulb

Go to gamersyde.com and download the 720p version instead of looking at this youtube quality clip.
    Then show it on your Ps3 and pretend your playing the game

looks brilliant. I am really looking forward to this game.

Amazing! I'll definitely get it.

Heck I just got the first one a couple weeks ago, and haven't finished it yet. I got stuck in the Fortress where you jump into the water and get immediately attacked by tons of pirates. Can't get past it. Gotta go find a help thread someplace...

I'm downloading the HD video so I can keep rewatching it and drooling.

Rob

Best PS3 game

I was blown away by the first uncharted!!! Can't wait for this one..

I only hope uncharted 2 i longer, started playing today and Im at 75% of the game with only 6 hours of gameplay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast