Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: Sony Introduces Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset Elite Edition

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony Associate Product Marketing Manager Richard Ho has officially introduced the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset Elite Edition which will be coming to retailers this Fall with a video of it in action below!

To quote: E3 is just around the corner, and we hope you're as excited as we are about all of the games that will be unveiled and the upcoming announcements we have in store for you.

Before we get to the big week, we've decided to curb your appetite by giving you a sneak peak at the newest addition to the PlayStation accessories family.

Last year we introduced the Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset, and this year we're amplifying your audio experience with the brand new Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset - Elite Edition, featuring "BassImpact" technology.

BassImpact technology translates bass sounds into 'pulses' around the earpads of the headset. Pulse - Elite Edition combines 7.1 virtual surround sound with BassImpact to deliver an unprecedented level of immersion, while sharpening your perception on the battlefield or anywhere else you play.

This is truly the ultimate audio advantage. Additionally, Pulse - Elite Edition incorporates all the great features of the Wireless Stereo Headset and these new features:

• Higher fidelity speaker drivers for dynamic sound
    • Preset Modes to optimize your audio experience for select gaming genres, movies, and music
    • Hidden noise-cancelling microphones deliver crystal clear voice chat and allow for a more streamlined design
    • Compatible with your PS3, PS Vita, favorite mobile device or MP3 player (connects via built-in 3.5mm audio jack and included auxiliary cable)

Available this fall for $149.99 (MSRP), this headset is an incredible value, giving you a great sound experience for gaming at home on PS3, or on the go using your PS Vita or mobile device.

As promised, we will be releasing a new PS3 firmware update to address the unintended effects in certain games that were created by the "Sidetone" feature introduced with the PS3 system software update (v4.10). Thanks for your continued patience.

Finally, as noted on Sony's official [Register or Login to view links], BassImpact technology, 7.1 virtual surround sound & on-screen headset updates are only available on the PS3 system and require system software version 4.20 or later.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    4.20 fw incoming soon i guess. i went from turtle beach dpx21s after they started being broken n having to tape them up, to the original wireless gaming headset by sony.. its great and all but being cordless and seeing as i play A LOT the battery runs down a little to fast for me.id like the option of wired or wireless (both) without having to try find a 5m long charging cable..ps if anyone knows where to buy a 5m charging cable please mention it to me.. LOL

otherwise i'm happy with them. i'd love to have these ones but ill wait n see if price drops as 149 is too much for me as they'll be 200 here in aus

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No need really for such long charge cable - get either standalone phone / blackberry (old) etc. wall charger and plug it in near to you or simply use 3 or 5 m USB extension cable - you can get those for peanuts online

Alternately - if you don't want to be tied up to the lead - I'm time to time (for the long gaming session) using my wireless headset with an external rechargeable battery pack (normally I use that for my phone, tablet, Vita and all headset while travelling / commuting) - just pop it in your pocket or pouch on the belt, plug in the usual charge cable and I can blast for a whole weekend in one go and roam free at the same time.

cheers for the help homer.. that recharge battery pack sounds like a great idea.will have to look into that.. thanks again

+rep too. LOL

Just bought the wireless headset from sony at chrismas and I think there will be no real use to change it with an elite version..
    But the headset now is pretty amazing!

Question

is very nice, price ...

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News