Video: Sony Introduces Only On PSN for New PS3 Exclusive Games
PlayStation Network Senior Director Susan Panico has shared a video introducing Only On PSN today, which spotlights new PS3 exclusive games throughout October, 2011.
To quote: We're excited to announce a new program called "Only On PSN," which features brand new games that are exclusively available on PlayStation Network throughout October.
Every week starting tomorrow, October 4, you will find new titles, unique to PSN that are part of this program - games that you've likely read about, or seen during our showing at E3 2011.
You may recall our announcement a few months ago about investing $20 million in exclusive PSN titles, and the Only On PlayStation Network program showcases two titles spawning from this investment: Eufloria and Okabu.
We can't wait for you to get your hands on the Only On PSN games yourselves, so we're giving you a few special offers throughout the course of the program. First, to sweeten the deal, we'll be offering PlayStation Plus subscribers a 20% discount on each game during the first week of its availability.
Additionally, users who spend $60 or more out of their PlayStation Network/Sony Entertainment Network wallet through the month of October will get $10 back in November.
This includes any of the Only On PSN games, purchases of games, add-ons, movies and TV shows in both the game and video sections of the PlayStation Store, your paid subscriptions for PlayStation Plus or Music Unlimited, movie rentals or purchases through Video Unlimited and any games or virtual items you buy in PlayStation Home.
Be sure to keep an eye on the [Register or Login to view links], as we'll be giving away download codes for each game in the line-up every week. Don't miss your chance to get this week's Only On PSN games for free!
Now, let's check out the games:
• Eufloria - An addictive ambient game of space exploration and conquest, plant growth and bio-mechanical evolution. Explore a beautifully realized universe rendered in a style that is unique and compelling. Conquer asteroids in deep space and use their resources to literally grow and nurture semi-organic plants and creatures to do your bidding.
• Rochard - A fun and original space adventure game that features a resourceful hero, ominous villains, rugged machinery, big explosions, even bigger stunts and sharp one-liners. The game tests players' coordination and wits as they use gravity to their advantage, changing it at will to solve environmental puzzles and advance through each level.
• Sideway: New York - Help defeat Spray, a sinister tagger who wants to dominate both Sideway and the real world in this unique sidescroller that offers you the chance to leave your mark on the city.
• Sodium Collection - A more than $35 value available for $9.99, this PlayStation Home value pack includes the SodiumOne Pilot's Jacket, which unlocks the full 50-level tank combat Salt Shooter game, and weapon upgrades for your SodiumOne tank.
Also included is a variety of upgrades for Sodium 2: Project Velocity, a high-speed, free-to-play, futuristic multiplayer racing game exclusive to PlayStation Home, and the wildly-popular Blaster's Paradise personal space, which hosts a tabletop version of Salt Shooter. Buy from the PlayStation Store and play in PlayStation Home.
• Okabu - An action-puzzler, where players will guide Kumulo, Nimbe and four cloud-flying heroes as they battle to save their people and their world from the industrialized threat of the Doza. Dive into a hyper-tactile toybox world filled with a huge number of puzzles, playthings, adorable creatures and devious machines spread across an epic co-op campaign.
• RocketBirds: Hardboiled Chicken - Annihilate an evil penguin regime in this cinematic platform adventure game offering full solo and co-op campaigns with stereoscopic 3D support. Destroy enemies with a slew of weapons and illuminate the secrets to his past while uncovering the real enemies of Albatropolis.
• inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood - Vampires swarm New Marais, and revered superhero Cole MacGrath has been bitten. To save his soul and city, he has just one night to find and kill the head vampire. Featuring hours of new gameplay, themed environment settings and new characters/enemies, Festival of Blood explores the darker side of the inFAMOUS universe.
• PixelJunk Sidescroller - Q-Games goes old-school with a completely retro side-scrolling shooter that reinvents the genre from the ground up while maintaining that nostalgic feeling. Dodge flurries of alien bullets and strategically upgrade weapons while battling through sweeping stages full of hazardous fluid and endless shooting mayhem.
Also starting tomorrow as part of Only On PSN, we'll also be offering a selection of rare classic games in the PlayStation Store: God Hand, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Odin Sphere and Ring of Red.
So head into the PlayStation Store tomorrow afternoon to check out Eufloria and Okabu, and don't forget: If you're a PlayStation Plus subscriber, be sure to take advantage of the 20% discounts for the new games each week before we move onto the next week of Only On PSN titles. We hope you enjoy the month of October gaming with these exclusive titles on PSN!
Finally, Sony's Morgan Haro stated the following via their Blog (linked above), to quote:
"The PS2 games are in their original form. These aren’t remasters, and therefore won’t have Trophy support. But they retain their original gameplay, look, and charm through and through.
No, these are PS2 titles that will be available from the PlayStation Store starting 10/4."