Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by natepig View Post
    There are microscopic hair like fibres in your inner ear which vibrate when you move. When you look at moving images your brain thinks you are moving but the stuff in your ear sais your not, so the confusion causes headaches and motion sickness.
    But what you are seeing in the glasses is still a non-moving screen. It is not a complete image wrap around your eye. You still see the black square/rectangle around the image, just like seeing a movie. According to the description it is like you are standing in front of a big big screen, but with distance, so you still see the side of the screen no matter how big the screen is.

Therefore your brain should be able to tell from the reference of the frame (black outside) that you are not actually moving. That's different than real VR where you are really looking at 3D environment without the black sidebar surrounding the image and therefore no frame of reference...

Banned User
    Hey, wouldn't this make your eyesight degrade and stuff ?? to me having this in front of your eyes is like having your face 1 foot away from the TV...

Fail $ony, ...F.A.I.L.
    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx71 View Post
    And in 10 years time when this tech has reached it's peak , Sony will release an mmorpg named "the world" , but something will go terribly wrong... LOL. Tell that anyone who played the .///Hack series didn't think it when they saw the pics.
    What do you mean, "when they saw the pics" ???

PS: watched .hack//sign back when the anime aired on YTV... also a friend of mine has .hack//Infection, .hack//Mutation and .hack//Outbreak... she doesn't have the 4th game though...
    Last edited by DemonoidMaster; 09-02-2011 at 09:49 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by DemonoidMaster View Post
    Hey, wouldn't this make your eyesight degrade and stuff ?? to me having this in front of your eyes is like having your face 1 foot away from the TV...

Fail $ony, ...F.A.I.L.
    I don't know about degrading your Eye sight. But you'll probably have the biggest headache you'll ever have after using this thing.

Sony Comes Out With 'Revolutionary' 3D Headset

Usually to Sony's disadvantage when they announce they're bringing out something new on the lines of a headset theirs nothing special... but with the new accessorys, they would beg to differ. Sony announced that they are coming out with a 3D headset, which, they think, would be a "gigantic game-changer".

Sony said in their official statement

"Packed with groundbreaking technology and fitting easily around your eyes and ears, the Personal 3D Viewer is set to revolutionize the way you experience games and movies forever.
    The great thing about this new headset is that it's not going to be much of a kerfuffle as you only need to to plug it in using a HDMI cable and you'll be able to play your 3D games and watch movies as quickly as that. Also, to the advantage of the new headset, the controls are built-in the headset making it that much easier to adjust the volume and settings to your own accord.

As of now the device named the HMZ-T1 Personal 3D Viewer is only confirmed for Japan release on the 11th of November, this year. It will be priced at around 60,000 JPY(Japanese yen) which comes to around 481, converted to US dollars would be $740. But why? why would anyone be wanting pay so much for this....well, Some of the device features are known as a dual 1280x720 0.7-inch OLED panels mounted in front of each of your eyes (apparently offering an experience similar to viewing a 750-inch screen from 20meters away), as well as 5.1 surround sound from integrated headphones.

An unofficial picture of the new headset itself is as shown below.

Source: http://www.fivestargamerz.com/f349/sony-comes-revolutionary-3d-headset-30489/#post68566
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Last edited by Foo; 09-26-2011 at 11:07 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this was "front page" news here a month or 2 back.. its pretty kool idea.. be interested to see how it plays out eh.

Front page This article was from like yesterday.

It was posted here (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...er-120735.html) a while back.

Here is a comparison between Nintendo's Virtual Boy and this new 3D headset thing from Sony.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

I get it now, this is an update. The prices have arrived and they're finally going to start to produce it.

Wow! 60,000 Yen, that's like $800 AUS dollars! I know I'm not buying this.

LOL. $700+... I can kiss that goodbye!!! I feel ya there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast