Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No problem, I didn't know either until a few years ago when I happened to bump into the problem during a uni project. Not everyone is affected though but just enough so they'll never appeal to the mass market, so if you're lucky they still might work for you but if you really want a pair check out:

[Register or Login to view links]

They've been making them for years and their SD versions go for a lot less than what Sony will charge, they have one version on there (Wrap 1200VR) which looks to be more or less identically spec'd but there's no price yet. Sony released one as well called the Glasstron way back in 1997

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    And in 10 years time when this tech has reached it's peak , Sony will release an mmorpg named "the world" , but something will go terribly wrong... LOL. Tell that anyone who played the .///Hack series didn't think it when they saw the pics.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I reckon this is going to fail the same way the Virtual Boy did.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I understand you guys talk about the brain couldn't catch up with what the eyes see, hence giving you headache. But isn't that the same with 3D movies? When you seeing a 3D movie, you are also not moving, so as every 1st person shooting game. You can watch the movie for 2+ hrs, and you can play a fps for hours (although tired). How is this different than the "VR ware" we talking about?

I remember when we are in college one of my friend tell me that he can never play Quake3 (you can tell my age now) because his brain cannot catch up with the eye. He had headache after playing it. But I know if you can imagine/generate the interpolate images in between the frames, then your brain can "sew" the images together and "believe" the motion and hence not giving you headache.

I am not a fan of 3D also, but I think it will be cool just for the eye seeing a virtual big screen in a pair of glass. For that price I think it's worth a try. At least you don't need to spend thousands for a big screen tv and it can be view in a small room.

Watching movies + playing games does not give you the immersion of VR.

It is all about the reference frame, you can see that the cinema is not moving, you can see that your TV set is not moving - With VR you cannot make this distinction - as far as your eyes know (and therefore you brain) everything is moving.

Its the eyes fooling to the brain that makes people sick.

Quote Originally Posted by wwywong View Post
    I understand you guys talk about the brain couldn't catch up with what the eyes see, hence giving you headache. But isn't that the same with 3D movies? When you seeing a 3D movie, you are also not moving, so as every 1st person shooting game. You can watch the movie for 2+ hrs, and you can play a fps for hours (although tired). How is this different than the "VR ware" we talking about?

I remember when we are in college one of my friend tell me that he can never play Quake3 (you can tell my age now) because his brain cannot catch up with the eye. He had headache after playing it. But I know if you can imagine/generate the interpolate images in between the frames, then your brain can "sew" the images together and "believe" the motion and hence not giving you headache.

I am not a fan of 3D also, but I think it will be cool just for the eye seeing a virtual big screen in a pair of glass. For that price I think it's worth a try. At least you don't need to spend thousands for a big screen tv and it can be view in a small room.
    There are microscopic hair like fibres in your inner ear which vibrate when you move. When you look at moving images your brain thinks you are moving but the stuff in your ear sais your not, so the confusion causes headaches and motion sickness.

Everything sony make is so damned expensive, must say this is not really my cup of tea. probably have to remortgage my house to afford something like this, still each to there own.

Can anyone tell me where to buy? I don't speak japanese but I would like to import one of these amazing vizors...

This was just a press release. This won't be released for sale any time soon.

I'd like to buy it in a jap website, importing it in my country

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News