Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is even more fuel to hack the crap out of this console. Keep taking away features Sony... we'll just keep opening up the system for everyone to hack it even easier and not give u a cent more on software sales.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I like it. I hated having to keep that disc near by.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I know the disk thing was because their original deal with MS (XBOX) stipulated for some time (I think one year) they had exclusive rights to a on menu netflix system. So the Wii and PS3 had to have a disk.

Since the wii and ps3 went disk-less at the same time I'm guessing they were itching to leave that paradigm. Furthermore this only helped sony because the more shit that has to go through the PSN the more they force people to update. It's a very win win for sony.

Everyone can argue that Sony is being asshats about this but from a business perspective this is a pure win situation. They would be stupid not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by hewlett123 View Post
    I know the disk thing was because their original deal with MS (XBOX) stipulated for some time (I think one year) they had exclusive rights to a on menu netflix system. So the Wii and PS3 had to have a disk.

Since the wii and ps3 went disk-less at the same time I'm guessing they were itching to leave that paradigm. Furthermore this only helped sony because the more shit that has to go through the PSN the more they force people to update. It's a very win win for sony.

Everyone can argue that Sony is being asshats about this but from a business perspective this is a pure win situation. They would be stupid not to do.
    It should only be an optional update though..not a force. Some people do want to keep and utilize OtherOS. This is just another stab at these people taking away yet another feature.

The problem is we're looking at it from the views of someone who doesn't plan on updating their system. In this case if you update your system the status quo is retained. Meaning, if you were to actually go forward and apply all patches, you're losing nothing (OtherOS omitted, for the sake of brevity. This isn't an OtherOS thread, it's a Netflix thread).

So in their eyes, we're losing nothing. They're not taking away any features. I want it back don't get me wrong -- I plan on working on this. I don't know if it's possible; I haven't done my homework yet; but I don't see why an update would be "required".

Unless specific hooks into the XMB were generated for Netflix my guess is all the necessary parts are more than likely already in the FW.

Quote Originally Posted by hewlett123 View Post

Well, I know this isn't a OtherOS thread, but Sony did tell those that wanted to keep OtherOS that updating was optional.
    This type of B.S. makes it not an option.
    Netflix was operational when 3.15 was the current FW, so them saying this is a "New Feature" that requires an update doesn't fly.

Screw Sony. Go PS3 Hackers and especially, Go marcan42!!

Quote Originally Posted by greyduck View Post
    You can download and install the pkg file without psn but when you try to run the app it gives you a message that you need to be on 3.42. The pkg needs to be modified somehow to remove this requirement.
    where at, do you know or have you downloaded, I would like the .pkg (to look at and mess with), have the Canadian one but I think this one my be different...?

Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    where at, do you know or have you downloaded, I would like the .pkg (to look at and mess with), have the Canadian one but I think this one my be different...?
    I can't confirm that it's any different but try the same link as the Canadian one but replace the "cn" at the end of the link with "us" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by greyduck View Post
    I can't confirm that it's any different but try the same link as the Canadian one but replace the "cn" at the end of the link with "us" instead.
    thanks, I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    thanks, I'll try that.
    Tried it needs 3.42, maybe there's a way to Change the EBOOT to not look for 3.42+, already tried the param (that's a no go)
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 10-20-2010 at 09:28 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Video: Netflix for PS3 CFW 3.55 PKG Install by VSPROD Demo Arrives

French PlayStation 3 developer VSPROD contacted us to announce he has recently made available a Netflix PS3 CFW 3.55 PKG install port from the latest version with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

Those who attempt to use this, be aware that Sony has recently been on a PS3 ban wave so it is definitely risky to try unless you don't mind going through the hassle of unbanning your PS3 console from PSN or trying the new PS_Unban v0.1 App of course.

Below is a rough translation, as follows: Hi, I just want to let you know That I have made a Netflix for PS3 CFW 3.55.. Last version.. PKG install. You have to delete Netflix before with the Triangle option and then delete the folder Npup00030 and ""_cache. Before launching Netflix you have to start multiMAN and then exit after.. You have to do this each Time you reboot or shutdown the PS3.. Maybe i will fix That later..

P.S. You have to have PSN/SEN Enabler or something that give you a PSN connection hope I made a couple of people happy..

Because Netflix is encrypted with keys 4.10, it should run smoothly on CFW 4.x. So CFW 3.55 are once again left aside ... Netflix can not run before because it required a 3.6 and now OFW 4.10 + PSN connection.

I have the latest version then re-encrypted for full CFW 3.55 and I have also made ​​a PKG for easy installation So now Netflix can run without problem... To use it you need an account or you can fill out the registration form which will give you 30 days free trial.

Netflix should finally arrive in Europe in 2013... It is already available since 2009 for Canada / U.S. / and others... For those who like movies or TV series with Netflix you can choose what you want to watch in HD or SD and the equivalent of 7 euros per month. I hope they keep the price as low for you... For those of France I will make a version 3.55 when Netflix will be available to you.

I tested everything on Rebug 3.55.3 and no problems... Here are the steps to follow:

0. First and foremost you need access to the PSN with the tool of your choice... You can install PSN / SEN Enabler Disabler that will give you access and the console also spoofer 4.31. If you want to install new CFW 3.55 I recommend that you install the Rebug CFW 3.55.3 there a way to spoof the console... 4.31.

1. You must delete all data from Netflix Console For U.S. / CA / UK. (For consoles in Europe (France) Netflix does not seem to be present by default, but it is still advisable to check if the file is present...) As Netflix itself. Netflix to Triangle and then delete.

Now to be sure that Netflix is really deleted you must open MultiMAN and go to the file manager, you then go dev_hdd0/GAME / you will now find and delete the folder and the folder NPUP00030 NPUP00030_CACHE. Note that it is possible to install my version above, but it could cause errors if an older version of Netflix was already installed.

2. Install the PKG 01_NetFliX_for355_VSPROD.pkg (linked above).

3. Stage REQUIRED to do each reboot or shutdown the console. MultiMAN You must start and wait until it is completely loaded... Once MultiMAN is open you can close it with the option to leave and return to the XMB.

4. You can now launch Netflix in the Video section of the XMB.

Netflix can watch films or other streaming on demand for years to U.S., Canada and other in SD and HD. Netflix was not available in France because of a certain law to know that VOD was unable to provide a film less than three years after its theatrical release. Constraint that could be diverted by Canal +, American films are not subject to the same... Netflix is the most popular service and will probably start 2013 in France, between January and March or maybe at the end of the year.

Video: Netflix for PS3 CFW 3.55 PKG Install by VSPROD Demo Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News