Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this looks promising...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by slyjdm View Post
    this looks promising...
    give up JB, or use Netflix, because my disc is useless now, good thin I still have it on the Wii HDD, FU Sony.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Someone posted a comment on the PC World blog indicating that a firmware update (from Sony) was not required to install the new Netflix application, apparently suggesting that the upgrade could be installed even with a lower firmware. Has any one been able to confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Gums View Post
    Someone posted a comment on the PC World blog indicating that a firmware update (from Sony) was not required to install the new Netflix application, apparently suggesting that the upgrade could be installed even with a lower firmware. Has any one been able to confirm this?
    The Canadian Netflix app requires 3.42 to run. My guess is this will follow suit..

I hope it doesn't require an upgrade.

If it does, it will be just another hit to 3.15 users that chose the "Option" to keep OtherOS.

(Now, what ever happend to those OtherOS Lawsuits... no one seems to talk about them anymore... )

Well I finally got a chance to actually see the Netflix message when you load from the disc (my wife had previously told me over the phone what was happening). At any rate, the Netflix app actually loads and the message about the disc no longer working in 31 days as well as the option to "Install the Netflix Now" is from within the Netflix app.

If I were to select "Install Netflix Now" would it re-direct me to the PS store to download the application or is there a chance that the app can be downloaded from Netflix? Given that I am still on 2.74 I do no want to risk selecting "Install Netflix Now" for fear that there will be no way to back out.

Well I finally got a chance to actually see the Netflix message when you load from the disc (my wife had previously told me over the phone what was happening). At any rate, the Netflix app actually loads and the message about the disc no longer working in 31 days as well as the option to "Install the Netflix Now" is from within the Netflix app.

If I were to select "Install Netflix Now" would it re-direct me to the PS store to download the application or is there a chance that the app can be downloaded from Netflix? Given that I am still on 2.74 I do no want to risk selecting "Install Netflix Now" for fear that there will be no way to back out.
    no I did that my disc is useless now, it tells you to go to PSN to download it though your PS3.

I haven't JB my PS3 yet but I am at 3.15. Does anyone know if it's possible to download the pkg of netflix outside of the PSN and run it? Does it need to be activated?

Quote Originally Posted by hewlett123 View Post
    I haven't JB my PS3 yet but I am at 3.15. Does anyone know if it's possible to download the pkg of netflix outside of the PSN and run it? Does it need to be activated?
    You can download and install the pkg file without psn but when you try to run the app it gives you a message that you need to be on 3.42. The pkg needs to be modified somehow to remove this requirement.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll see about getting the package and begin working on it.

I'm too new to this but heck it'll be something to do.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News