Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: Sony Confirms LOVEFiLM Application Hits PS3 in November

Sponsored Links
    Over the weekend Sony has confirmed alongside a video reveal that their LOVEFiLM application will be hitting the PS3 entertainment system in November, 2010.

For those unaware, [Register or Login to view links] is Europe's own online movie rental service similar to Netflix and can be used for 6 a month, or for free if you are already subscribed to LoveFilm.

Subscribers will get to watch movies such as Star Trek, Collateral, Alexander, and other big hits instantly via either browsing or searching on your PlayStation 3 console.

To quote: "From Autumn, film fans on LoveFilm subscription packages can start streaming thousands of titles through their TV to their PS3.

Open up a world of interactivity and scroll through popular titles and search through categories including 'Pick of the Week', 'Most watched' and 'Highest Rated'.

Free trials and incentives will be made available to those who are not already a LOVEFiLM subscriber so no-one misses out!

With thousand of popular titles available on LOVEFiLM, there will never be a shortage of great films to watch."

Video: Sony Confirms LOVEFiLM Application Hits PS3 in November

More PlayStation 3 News...

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ya, i'm a member of those, you can't rent ps3 stuff too

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It will be a "Flop"

By Europe, they mean the UK only.

WTF?! the video isn't working, isn't this supposed to advertise and make us want this? What a crock. Netflix, easy, works, already there... hmmm, and I get real physical discs too?!!? OMG!

This will definitely be a flop and it is just a matter of time before Sony releases a new "update" that will prevent present mediastreamers such as PMS to stop working since Sony will see it as another "security issue" and a threat to their dominance on the market.

I will keep my firmware 3.41 to all costs for sure.

Big Flick, like... Star Trek, Collateral, Alexander, and other big hits.

Wow, can't wait for this, i may even stop downloading from newsgroups altogether with movies like that!

They are so old, they may as well still be on VHS.

So true, what sony needs to do is give us a real media player like xbmc, but of course they cannot as they want blurays to exist.

Roll on a media player like vlc or xbmc for jb ps3's.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlw View Post
    This will definitely be a flop and it is just a matter of time before Sony releases a new "update" that will prevent present mediastreamers such as PMS to stop working since Sony will see it as another "security issue" and a threat to their dominance on the market.

I will keep my firmware 3.41 to all costs for sure.
    A flop? really? LoveFilms is the equivalent of Netflixs and its dominant in the market. You get the DVD, online/PS3 usage if you want - it seems like a great service and I wish I could get it here in Poland.

Hopfully one day i'll be able to use this on my ps3

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News