Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: Resistance 3 on PS3: Enemies and Artificial Intelligence

Sponsored Links
    Insomniac Games Senior Community Manager James Stevenson has shared a PlayStation 3 developer diary video today spotlighting the enemies and artificial intelligence in Resistance 3 on the PS3 entertainment system.

To quote: We are working hard here at Insomniac HQ, putting the finishing touches on Resistance 3 in time for our September 6th release date.

We were happy with all of our fantastic comments on the first video in our Dev Diary series, which focused on environments and storyline.

Many of you immediately asked "when is the next one coming?" I'm happy to answer that the latest video is now available! It focuses on Resistance 3's vicious new Chimeran enemies and the significant artificial intelligence improvements we're making, including enhanced group tactics.

We hope to continue to bring these to you every couple of weeks as we head up to Resistance 3's September 6th launch. If you haven't already, head to your favorite game retailer and pre-order your copy of Resistance 3 - you won't want to miss out on these unique bonus items.

There's something for everyone, whether it's the Chimera-tooth necklace and multiplayer booster when you pre-order at [Register or Login to view links], the exclusive PSN tags at [Register or Login to view links], the No. 60 Air Fuel Grenade through [Register or Login to view links], or even the special Lt. Nathan Hale multiplayer skin when you purchase at [Register or Login to view links].

For the full run down of all the pre-order items head over to our post here to check them out. That's all for now, hope you enjoy the dev diary!

Video: Resistance 3 on PS3: Enemies and Artificial Intelligence

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    damn cannot wait for it...

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The fact that R3 has no health regeneration on the SP has me a bit skeptical. Ever since COD4, health regen has been the gold standard in next-gen games. Playing without it, after playing so many games with it, is a major burden and quite annoying. No health regen is like taking a step backwards in the gaming world. Personally I don't give a flying funk about realism in video games (unless we are talking physics and graphics), I just want to have fun. Always worrying about my health being too low or trying to find health packs during a intense situation in a game is NOT fun.

I recently played Singularity, which has no health regen, and that was one of the most annoying and frustrating parts about the game... constantly having to find health packs and healing yourself.

COD4 really popped the gaming worlds cherry, and whether you like the COD games or not they have the formula down. This is something non-COD devs are still struggling to comprehend, they often grab things from the COD games that shouldn't be copied (like making everything overpowered in their online MP game), while leaving out the most important aspects such as solid controls, aiming, consistency and the basic structural foundation which makes the COD games so popular.

I fear that Insomniac, like many other devs have done with some more recent and upcoming games, copied all the wrong parts from COD in an attempt to get some of the COD crowd to their title. In effect this just makes the game a COD ripoff that doesn't even do what COD does so well. I believe R3's multiplayer is doing exactly this and will end up flopping and gasping for air early after the games release, just like KZ3.

It is truly sad what devs are doing to games nowadays, as it seems most of the 2011 release games are sub-par compared to their predecessors. This is typically because the devs change the games so much to try and copy all the wrong things from COD, or because they fail to realize people liked the previous game because of how it played, but the devs feel they need to change everything in their newest game for some unknown reason. Not sure what they are thinking. "Hey, people really liked our previous game, so how about we change everything for our next title!" Makes no sense to me.

This one + The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim are my most wanted games for the end of the year. Hope it doesn't disappoint me !

Does anyone know if this game will have local multi-player support like the first Resistance? I had a blast playing through the first one with my buddy sitting next to me (I know, I guess I'm old school. I like playing games when they are physically in the room). I bought Resistance 2 and we were all ready to go through it but the option was gone. Because of this, I barely played it. I would be interested in the third if this option was supported, otherwise I will be skipping it.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News