Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: PSP Remaster Series is Announced for PlayStation 3

Sponsored Links
    Your favorite PSP games are coming soon to PlayStation 3. Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. has announced the “PSP Remaster” title series this morning, in which Sony and other publishers will remaster their best PSP titles for PlayStation 3 on blu-ray disc.

“PSP Remaster” titles will deliver high-definition graphics, SIXAXIS and DualShock 3 compatibility, new add-on content and/or stereoscopic 3D support. Save data from the original PSP version can be used in the “PSP Remaster” version. Ad-hoc gameplay is supported with the “adhoc party for PlayStation Portable” PlayStation 3 application.

The first “PSP Remaster” title will debut in Japan with Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. from Capcom. The PlayStation 3 version is “more gorgeous and vibrant than ever” and will “deliver dynamic gameplay when played on the large TV screens.” A fitting first release, as the game has already sold over 4.5 million units in the country.

Sony Computer Entertainment “will deploy various measures to enhance the software title line-up for the PS3 system.” The rumored God of War: Portable Collection from last week is likely part of this lineup. The only question left unanswered is “what’s next?” Final Fantasy? Clank and Daxter? With E3 in just over two weeks, we’ll soon find out.

A trailer for the high-def version of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd can be seen below.

To quote from the official [Register or Login to view links]: "PSP Remaster" titles will deliver rich and immersive gaming experience on the PS3 system through stunning high-definition graphics as well as through additional new features for these titles, such as operability on the PS3 Wireless Controller (SIXAXIS and DUALSHOCK 3), new add-on content or stereoscopic 3D support.

Users will also be able to utilize the same save data from the original PSP game for the "PSP Remaster" version and enjoy the game on the go with the PSP system and continue the game at home on a large TV screen using PS3. Ad-hoc mode gameplay will also be supported through "adhoc party for PlayStation Portable" application on the PS3 system.

For Japan, the first "PSP Remaster" title to be introduced will be Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. from Capcom Co., Ltd. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for the PSP system is the latest installment of the blockbuster Monster Hunter franchise, which has alone shipped over 4.5 million units in Japan since its release in December 2010.

The graphics of the PS3 version, including monsters, fields, equipment, as well as Felyne Comrades, are more gorgeous and vibrant than ever, and will deliver dynamic gameplay when played on the large TV screens. SCE, with strong support from software developers and publishers, will deploy various measures to enhance the software title line-up for the PS3 system.

SCE will continue to further expand the PS3 platform and create a new world of computer entertainment with innovative and exciting new titles."

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

MHP3rdHDVer-Announce.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great, then there is little need to try to get a PSP, unless want gaming on the go. Come on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    C'mon Parasite Eve!!!

Moved to the main page now, and +Rep for the news Tidusnake666!

This is great news! If possible I would like Phantasy Star Portable 2, Burnout Legends, Ridge Racers 1 & 2 (Japan), Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday and Kingdom Hearts PSP Series amongst a few others. Wait am I asking too much!?... nah. lol.

i want MGS:Peace Walker and Ace Combat

never cared for psp before so this may open new options for me.. if they aren't too expensive from psn that is..

thanks

I would like to see medal of honor heroes. Very good game, I think.

I hope when they remaster those ad-hoc only multiplayer games, it'll have proper online support like infrastructure equivalent for awesome multiplayer gaming. This might change my mind and get me back into PSN. Then again, this was announce in Japan only right? God knows when can we expect the US, Europe and other region releases if ever there may be. Damn, I'm so jealous of PSN Japan right now.

Nice Resisitance Retribution !

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News